free website stats program Dobeck TFI Awesome!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck TFI Awesome!!!

Way to go... it feels good to do it yourself and get it right. It takes some effort buy way worth it.

Just a note here.

I'm not one for recommending anything just for the heck of it unless I personally have had experience with it and I know it works!
I only recommend the TFI because I have done many installations not only on my own rides but others rides as well. When it comes to bang for the buck, it can't be beat and it doesn't require the expensive dyno work that the more costly tuners require.

You would have to search far and wide to find a company that gives the support , backing and help that Dobeck gives plus as an added bonus (not that it needs it) they give you a good price and free shipping to boot.

That's a deal that IMO is very hard to beat!!!

If my bike ('09 Electra Glide Classic) is strictly stock, and I plan to leave it that way, will I see a benefit from a Dobeck TFI? Just wondering if I'll need to do a bunch of mods to make it worthwhile...

There's no doubt that it will run better but the addition of the intake and exhaust will enhance it even more.

Have my Dobeck in the mail. Ever since I got the 09 FLSTC, have been disappointed. My old shovelheads would run circle around it. Havent done anything but pipes, breather, and xied's. Still runs bad hot with no lowend when 2 up. Hope the TFI will go a long way to cool the bike and maybe a little better pull with the added fuel

Hi all, I also installed doebeck tfi along with Fulsac true duel conversion kit and larosa turnout mufflers on my 06 electra glide classic last weekend.Only took about 3 hrs to complete everything(its great when things go the way they are supposed to!).:yahoo:yahoo What a differance! Can't say enough good things bout all 3 products! Everthing from placing order, delivery and ease of intall was great. But the best part is seat of the pants tuning.I want to thank moderators and everyone else on HDTimeline that recommend these products.:worthy

Have my Dobeck in the mail. Ever since I got the 09 FLSTC, have been disappointed. My old shovelheads would run circle around it. Havent done anything but pipes, breather, and xied's. Still runs bad hot with no lowend when 2 up. Hope the TFI will go a long way to cool the bike and maybe a little better pull with the added fuel

Installed the Dobeck gen 3 this morning. Seems to have a lot more lowend just starting off. Had to lower the green pot down to 3. Was hard to start and was on the high rich side at 3.5.
Now for a nice ride across Fort Mountain to see how it does in the hills. More to come later

I have installed the tfi gen 3 on my 07 egc 2 main reasons one was the intense heat and lack of pull when bike hot and pinging,next after reading all replies on this forum gave it a shot noticed 1st day motor cooler as I have a oil temp gauge in place of the junk ambient air temp and also noticed that after riding highway speeds long periods in texas temps coming off highway and to idle no more of the low idle (600-700 rpm) close to engine dying,realizing this is computer way of correct increased cylinder temps. seat of pants response under heavy load good had issues with mpg at 1st redid some adjustments and much better now. Dobeck excellent company to work wiyh also thanks for everyones input here.I have since helped a friend install one on his 05 egcu and we are still tweaking for best throttle responce.! other change made just prior to this was spectro oils all around this did not help the pinging but did notice oil temps 5 to 10 degrees lower.

Your pinging problem could be caused by poor gas. Try another brand of at least 91 octane, if not 93 octane.

Hi everyone. I will be ordering this Dobek unit because I would like to change my air intake to something more snazzy. Once installed.. Do I have to do anything?. Is: are there any screws that have to be turned for adjusting purposes or does unit do it all automatically. I have heard of some units where you do nothing but plug it in. I have a 2010 FLHX Streetglide and all I changed this far was the muffler to a Reinhart. I need a tuner simply for the new intake. Dealer at the time wanted to sell me the HD tuner but I think I'll follow your advice here. If anyone can please let me know about manual adjustments I may have to make on the Dobek unit. I am NOT mechanically inclined and the thought of making adjustments scares me.
Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Back