free website stats program Dobeck Gen 3 EJK | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck Gen 3 EJK

Looking on Dobecks website, my GB setting should have came from the factory with a setting of 8, where you say yours is 2. I wonder why such a big difference. I haven't verified thats where mine is actually at, but thats what the website says. All other settings are very close.

Looking on Dobecks website, my GB setting should have came from the factory with a setting of 8, where you say yours is 2. I wonder why such a big difference. I haven't verified thats where mine is actually at, but thats what the website says. All other settings are very close.

yeah that's weird cause my settings came from them at g-3.5 y-2.5 r-2.5 gb-2 yb-4 and rb-4.5. oh well it's easy to set...good luck!

glazier, I looked at their site and if you have big air and exhaust it shows your gb at 4. anyhoo, the y setting adjusts fuel for acceleration. mine is a 103 inch.

glazier, I looked at their site and if you have big air and exhaust it shows your gb at 4. anyhoo, the y setting adjusts fuel for acceleration. mine is a 103 inch.

I think we have different model numbers. Mine is the EJK #9120333 and it shows the GB to be 8 unless you have the Arlen Ness big sucker and 4" big radius pipes, (which I don't have). Then it should be set at 4. I verified and mine was set from the factory at 8. I lowered it to 7.5 and bumped up the yellow from 2.5 to 3.5. In the FAQ on Dobecks website it said to adjust the yellow if you're getting any popping on decel. Rode it about 200 miles today. A few little pops every now and then when letting off the gas to shift, but much less than yesterday. Runs awesome and so much cooler. The stock a/c used to burn my leg but now I can put my hand on it and its barely warm. Think I'll leave the settings just as is for now. Very happy with the whole set up. :D

Glad you're happy with yours. I'm extremely pleased with mine. I'm also a little jealous that you're riding that much already.

I installed an EJK last year and rented Dobeck's AFR monitor to tune it.
What I immediately found was the mixture was going LEAN when rolling on the throttle! Not what you want. It would go from maybe 12.5 up to 13.5 or higher on throttle roll-on.
I fixed this by lowering the accel threshold and tweaking the accel up a bit.
Problem solved. The AFR kit is real handy for tuning, and Chris at Dobeck was just great throughout the whole process.

Another thing I did differently was I ran the wire harness from the module down alongside the breather hose between the transmission and the engine, then up alongside the throttle body to the injectors. I did it this way because two previous TFI modules failed due to wire flexing between the frame and the injectors, when wired under the tank. So far so good.
Dobeck have been fantastic on warranty replacements throughout. Great customer support.:D

Rod

I realize that this is kind of an old thread, but could some of this decel popping that some users complain about be from exhaust leaks at the flange or maybe leaking at the muffler. I know for a fact that most guys do not use a torque wrench when installing slip-on mufflers. In my case I have found that stretched out muffler clamps are a major source of popping, especially when people use the "Armstrong" method of tightening nuts and bolts.

I realize that this is kind of an old thread, but could some of this decel popping that some users complain about be from exhaust leaks at the flange or maybe leaking at the muffler. I know for a fact that most guys do not use a torque wrench when installing slip-on mufflers. In my case I have found that stretched out muffler clamps are a major source of popping, especially when people use the "Armstrong" method of tightening nuts and bolts.

You are correct, decel popping can occur from leaky exhaust but more than likely when adding a Dobeck unit the decel mode needs a little tweeking. A to rich condition will also give you a pop or 2 on decel.

Back