free website stats program Do you remember.... | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you remember....

What, am I the only old guy on here? :dknow

I went through a lot of 78's before I ever heard of a 45. The one I remember most was "Hernando's Hideaway" by Carol Haney. It was from the movie "The Pajama Game", 1954.

I know a dark secluded place.
A place where no one knows your face.
A glass of wine a fast embrace.
It's called Hernando's Hideaway ole!

First LP:
Black Sabbath Paranoid
First album bought with own earnings: Ted Nugent Cat Scratch Fever

First 45
Grand Funk Railroad We're An American Band

My first 45 was sunny afternoon by the kinks
first album space oddity by David bowie
album that Ive bought on vinyl tape and CD bat out of hell By meat loaf

Brian

16 RPM - Purchased it in the mid 70s can not remember the title.
33 RPM - Queen, News of the World
45 RPM - Steve Miller Band, Big Jet Airliner
78 RPM - Organ Music for my Roller Skating Dance Routine

First 45...Think it was by the Beatles - "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" & flip side was "She Loves You". Thing is, my parents owned a restaurant, and my 45's came from the guy changing the old ones out of our old Seeberg 100 Juke Box with Rainbow Light Tray...! Lots of different selections were given to me...!

Was still only a kid, but parents would let me play there for hours before they opened, in front of it when ever he came to service it...putting 'er in freeplay to check and make sure the new selections played okay.

First LP...Bathing after Baxters by the Jefferson Airplane played it on a Silvertone record player...not very "Hi-Fi" but then Stereo version had not come out yet. Yechh, the sound quality we put up with as youngsters! I modified it soon afterwards (tried to simulate stereo sound by dubbing over recordings twice with... get this a Wollensak Reel to Reel recorder (I was getting into electronics by then).

I can't remember...I used to go to the corner drugstore and put them on my mom's in house charge...boy did she used to get (edit) about that! If I asked her ahead of time she usually would let me buy 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back