free website stats program Do I need to invest in a Race Tuner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do I need to invest in a Race Tuner

I just put the TFI on my 07 FLHT and it is a much better bike
Spark plugs look like they should now not snow white
Better response Oh and no more fried thighs witch means it is running cooler. Easy to install and set up Great product.

Doesn't the dealer offer a stage 1 remap of the ECM to deal with the high air flow and exhaust? If you have no plans to do further mods, you should be able to get away without any any additional fuel management hardware other than a dealer firmware update to the existing ECM. It doesn't offer any of the advantages of future fuel map changes with adding additional hardware, but should allow you to run with your new pipes and air flow.

I agree he could get better performance with additional fuel management hardware instead of just a remap of existing ECM. He asked if he had to add the fuel management hardware. He doesn't HAVE to do anything more than a remap. In order to take the best advantage of the new pipes and air he should certainly consider an alternate fuel management device. As noted earlier, there are better options than the SE Race Tuner.

Last edited:
Hello hoping someone can help. Iam new to this site ,but I have a question. I have a 2008 softail custom. I recently installed Rush slipons and Screaming Eagle high flow air filter , now do I have to install a Race Tuner or will the bike stock ECM map be okay.Iam not planning on doing any other engine mods.
Thanks for any answers

Good morning,

I'm not even going to read the rest of the posts because I know what most will say here about race tuners. I just want to say..

...... TFI ......

Do it. You'll like it. It's worth it. I know from my own experience.

ride safe

twoup

You guys have convinced me I am going to go with the TFI on my 06 Deluxe, where is the best place to get one?

Thanks will order one tomorrow :D

Okay, so it has been longer than tommorrow. I have had my tuner on for about 2 weeks now, very little decel pop , spark plugs are nice and brown like they are suppose to be, runs alot better...I can tell it is getting the fuel that it needs now, it has better mid-range torque ....what else can I say, I love it , I wish I had done it a long time ago. Anybody out there thinking about buying the Dorbeck TFI Tuner just do it , it works great and is well worth the money.:newsmile090:

Back