free website stats program Do A Lot Of You Dislike The 2009 Frame Changes? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do A Lot Of You Dislike The 2009 Frame Changes?

The corners are what I like best from the frame change. We have a 08 ultra and going down highway 12 in Id. a very curvy road by the way, I was able to catch up with a fellow rider on his 05 RKC, this is no easy task becouse this gut is allways wide open throttle. I decided to slow down when the edge of my boot started to rub on the road and becouse I only had a few hundred miles on this bike and didn't have anything to prove. Now after we got the 09 RKC I find the corners are so much easier and I can go faster with much more controll, lean angle, switching sharp left to sharp right seems to have less resistance, sitting comfort, feels like just a bit farther from the tank, and the other night on the way home from work, that bigger back tire came into play when I caught something right on the edge of the tred, I felt it, heard it shoot away from the bike towards someone at an outside eating table and heard them say something untypable as it must have hit the table judging buy the third ting sound, right then and there I knew if I had louder pipes I would have missed out on all that.

I just got back from doing the Dragon Tail at Deal's Gap. I don't have any previous riding experience to compare it to, but I can tell you that I never felt out of control or even out of my comfort zone on my 09. I am a "twisties" fan from here on out!

This is the first time I've heard of problems with the 09 or 2010 for that matter. It's the same frame. Everyone that has it seems to rave about how nice it is. In fact many folks say "Don't test ride one, if you don't plan on buying it"....they're that good. Go figure.

This is precisely the reason for my OP. However, lots of folks seem to be focusing their "rave reviews" on the handling aspect in curves and twisties. The guy selling his bike seemed to be most unhappy with the comfort of the new frame while cruising "straight and level." Sorry, aviation lingo creeping in. It sounds to me like the new frame set up is just enough stiffer that someone with a LOT of miles on an older bike will feel it and think the ride is too harsh. Only way to compensate is by varying the air pressure in the rear shocks, which became a dominant subject in this thread for a bit.

Thanks for all the opinions and the education!

I think this is likely the biggest concern if someone is going to have an issue with the newer bikes. I prefer my '09 because of it, but I haven't put more than 400 miles on it on a given day....yet.

I have done some 1000 miles runs in two days, and i'm still ready to keep going:D:D:D just give me a path and i'm on my way:s

Back to the straight and level, the new 09 RKC is very confi, sundowner seat, no rider backrest, I just did a ride to Vegas and back, 2200 miles, went down 95 and back on 93, beleave me there is alot of very long staight a ways, the bike was, again very comfi. I thought I would get saddle sore, but we did stop about every 100+ miles for a break, first day was close to 700miles, followed by the remaining 350 the second day. On the way home we went from Vegas to Boise, only thing stopping us was darkness, and the need for food. Getting ready to head to Denver on the 27th on the RKC and can't wait.

Well I had a 92 flstc and it was a wobbly but smooth ride I put many miles on it but never out cornered anyone or wore out the floorboards cornerin.Now my 09 street glide can corner like a crotch rocket corner like nothin , change lanes in grooved pavement like a rocket sled on rails so do I want my skinny butt cushy for a tank full of gas or do I want my sled upright in the conditions I ride.I ride in northern Canada not on divided highways with fresh pavement (ashphalt) and I ride were heavy trucks rule. I take upright and my bike rides good with the purchase of a HD air pump and I use it.

I'm happy with my 09 FLHRC. My only complaint is getting the air pressure right in the rear shocks and having to move the left saddlebag so I can reach the filler valve.

Got back a few days ago from a 4,250.5 mile trip to Sturgis on an 09 Road Glide with a sundowner seat. Comfortable during the whole trip and the handling on the 09 was a dream.

My 09 definitely handles better and the ride is great. I do believe that a better seat should have come with it, but this is one of the better upgrades Harley has offered.

Back