free website stats program DIY Projects | Harley Davidson Forums

DIY Projects

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Hey Glider, Just wanted to let you know, I finally found the Spectro today! I decided to go to the place that I seem to find every thing non-HD that I need. :D:D:D I was running out of options. I got the hard part out of the way, now all I need is one stop at the HD store, and I'm in business huh? Oh yeah, the other thing I need is a little help from the weather.....snow & ice storm here, only took 1.5 hours to get home tonight....:18: I'll keep you posted.

Way to go Joy!
Did you get the Spectro platinum for the 6 speed?

We have about 4" of snow so far here today and still going strong .:bigsmiley29:

I got the GL-1, my bike is a 5 speed. Should I trade it in for the other? I'm sure that won't be a problem.

This is the way it sits. The GL5 has more anti wear properties than the GL1 for the 6 speeds that have helical gears. You can use either.

My local dealer doesn't even stock the GL1 any longer.

I came home from work today pulled the truck into the garage
from the 26 degree temps and looked at the fatboy and couldn't take it any longer. I just had to start it up and listen for a few seconds. I wanted to leave it run longer and listen to the beutifull sound, but I didn't want to let it get hot and then have codensation form. but it was nice hearing it for a couple of seconds anyway. I thought I saw some condensation on the lower edge of the headlight trim; but on closer inspection I realized it was just a lonely teardrop. :bigsmiley15:

Way to go Joy!
I am picking up my Spectro in the am.....From the local Honda dealer!! The only supplier in my area, feels good rolling in their parking lot on a real bike!:s:D:bigsmiley20:
Oh and its going to be in the upper 50'S this wekend....So will have to put on a few miles for my northern climate freinds .:60:
I am looking forward to dropping that fluid in the trans! The guys @ Spectro have been great on getting the Honda dealer to order and stock the fluid for me and a few freinds.

This is the way it sits. The GL5 has more anti wear properties than the GL1 for the 6 speeds that have helical gears. You can use either.
Well, I thought I had it all figured out...oops! If the weather doesn't break for me to do this on Monday, (Gonna have to have some ice & snow melt so I can get the bike out of the garage), I'll run back by the (Suzuki) dealer that stocks the Spectro and trade it for the GL5. But, if I get the chance, what I got will go in........:)). I do have all the stuff to do this with in the garage now, I'm just waiting on the weather window now.

I do have a question here though. On warming up the bike, would it be better to ride it, or would just letting it run in the driveway be okay. We may have some salt issues & from what I'm reading, I don't want to take any chances on the roads here, I don't want to be posting questions about the affect of salt on the chrome.

And for the record, I must say, it was really hard at the HD dealership, with all the pretty new colors & shiny chrome and all :)

I am not sure Joy if you will get the trans temps up just sitting in the driveway, warming her, sorry him up.:D you may take the chance of getting the motor a little to hot trying to get the trans temps up. But don't take the chance of running around the block on bad roads.
Warmer days are coming!

I am not sure Joy if you will get the trans temps up just sitting in the driveway, warming her, sorry him up.:D you may take the chance of getting the motor a little to hot trying to get the trans temps up. But don't take the chance of running around the block on bad roads.
Warmer days are coming!
Thanks, I've waited this long, what's another week huh? With tonights icing, I may have to go out & throw a couple of blanky's on the bikes.......So if the roads are still white with salt, the bike stays in.

Thanks, I've waited this long, what's another week huh? With tonights icing, I may have to go out & throw a couple of blanky's on the bikes.......So if the roads are still white with salt, the bike stays in.

No need to rush it...the weather will brake soon for ya.
I am Glad i moved away from the north! no winterizing for us down here in the south, but we have no water!!! Major drought! I have to ride it into the back yard and wash it under the deck!:lolrolling
Would that blanket have a cord running to it?

Back