free website stats program Dim front running light? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dim front running light?

mmancuso

2011 FatBoy. I've just noticed that the right front running light (1157) is significantly dimmer than the left. Both turn signals are the same brightness, just the running light. It's not the bulb: swapped them with same result, right side dimness.

Figuring that it must be a bad connection somewhere, but not sure where to look. Any suggestions?

Check the ground for that light. A poor ground will usually result in what you are experiencing. Also check the contact in the base of the socket too, if it isn't making a good connection with the bulb this could be the problem.

Could the lens be dirty inside? Mine get a film that I have to clean every couple of years. Is is possible that the light is angled differently and it seems like it's not as bright?

Are they putting run/turn units in these models as standard equipment or did you buy the run/turn module?

make sure there is no corrosion on any of your connections... also might want to look for a pinched wire

It's a 2011 take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it.

But let me guess... They told him they can't take the bike in till August 25th and they need it for 2 days!

But what I can't figure out is when I go upstairs and look through the viewing window in the service department, everyone is standing around just talking to one another!:D

But let me guess... They told him they can't take the bike in till August 25th and they need it for 2 days!

But what I can't figure out is when I go upstairs and look through the viewing window in the service department, everyone is standing around just talking to one another!:D

Laughing...this is close to the truth.

My first inclination is just what was suggested because it's of course still under warranty, but even if they would take me without an appointment, I know that I'd be at the dealer for an hour or two, and I have better things to do with my free time! LOL

So, I asked you guys.

I know it's not the ground because the turn signal filament is just fine: it's only the running filament, and it's not the bulb. Guess it's time to break out my meter and start tracing wires, doing some continuity testing.

Was just hoping that someone would say Oh yea...look at "this"...happens often. :)

Back