free website stats program Digital Fuel range indicator ** gone ** | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Digital Fuel range indicator ** gone **

Thanks Biscuit & Glider,

I have previously been talking (emailing) to Zippers and I am aware of the firmware upgrade. Firmware 4.6 was supposed to fix the low fuel light and 6th gear led and it did, but in the process the range led dissappeared. Zippers have been helpful but have not found a solution as it has not happened before. I don't suppose the 08 fatboy in Oz would be any different to the States?

Anway, I guess I'll just have to live with and hope that future firmware upgrades might remedy the problem.

thanks once again,

Regards,

Allan

Thanks Biscuit & Glider,

I have previously been talking (emailing) to Zippers and I am aware of the firmware upgrade. Firmware 4.6 was supposed to fix the low fuel light and 6th gear led and it did, but in the process the range led dissappeared. Zippers have been helpful but have not found a solution as it has not happened before. I don't suppose the 08 fatboy in Oz would be any different to the States?

Anway, I guess I'll just have to live with and hope that future firmware upgrades might remedy the problem.

thanks once again,

Regards,

Allan

We fitted a THUNDERMAX with auto tune and O2 sensors to my brother's 2008
Fatboy and he lost "distance to empty and 'low fuel'.What he DIDN'T lose was any gear position indicator or performance!The T/max absolutely transformed his ride.As we're in Brisbane,i guess we qualify for an OZ edition of a Fatboy?:bigsmiley20:
Have you spoken to Heavy Duty m/c at Springwood?They're T/max agents &
seem to be au fait with this system.I'll put their phone no. right here,bro!
(07) 3208 3300.
Regards,Nick & Pete:AUSTRALIA

Hi Nick & Pete,

Thanks for reply. Yeh I agree the Tmax made an huge difference, the bike really hammers when given a twist, it's just plain more fun to ride.

The firmware upgrade 4.6 should fix up the low fuel light on your brothers bike and by rights also the dte gauge. If you do the firmware upgrade can you let me know if the dte led came back. If it does'nt then zippers haven't got it right and I will let them know.

I will gobe heavy duty a call and see if they can help.

regards,

Allan

Did the firmware update, initially with no change except for now having low fule light. I re-installed the existing HF ECM for a couple of minutes, firts off made no difference. Then I traied it all again (with the original) I finally go a 'r lo' on the display. I then disconnected the existing ECM and put the Tmax back in to no avail. I repeated the whole process over again including disconnecting the battery, this time I got the 'r lo' on the display with Tmax in place. You beaut I though! Cookin at last. However, the first ride (only brief) the gauge display 'r lo' then 168, then 190, and last 204 klms and that's where it stayed even after filling the bike up. I went home did it all again, this time It went to 280, 203 and lastly 324 klms and that;s where it stayed. I guess the gauge is optimistic with the autotune when fist initialised and just keeps seeing a brighter future, maybe I'll never have to fill up again! I am going on a long run this weekend so I'll see what happens when the autotune does it's thing and wheather it has an effect on the DTE.

Thanks for the interest, and any advice you may have.

Regards,

Allan

The range is optimistic on the stock ECM.I worked for Zeppers back in the early 90's and work across the street from them now.They come over and use some of our stuff once in a while.I've spent a few hours in our dyno room with Bobby learning how to map the Tmax.It's great peice of work and is my preferred method of tuning EFI Harleys.If there's anything I can do just ask.

Hi Fisher, thanks for the feedback. I went foe a reasonable ride today. the DTE incrementally went from 324 to 453. It seemes that consequent upon installation of the Tmax/autotune module plus firmware upgrade to 4.6 ( which was suppossed to fix the low fuel light and DTE function) that the DTE function is is working in reverse! The further i go the greater the range. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with zippers, nice people but not solving my problem, which was not there with the stock ecm.

Anyway, how to fix it is anybody's guess.

regards,

allan

Back