free website stats program Dig at Harley-Davidson | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dig at Harley-Davidson

I really like the chieftain. it will probaly be my next bike purchase in 2015
WAP.gif

I've only ever seen one Indian on my local roads. Must admit, it did look and sound nice, but the price to buy one over here is similar to the cost of a motorhome. I'll be sticking with my Harley for the foreseeable future.

There are some interesting videos in that area about the Indian.
Starting price isn't too bad, but I need a full dresser and thats
going to cost more $$$$$. I wonder how that 111 motor will
perform? Besides my bike is paid for and I have it just about the
way I want it with the upgrades. You know a little more power
for 2up and passing,etc.

always loved Indian...would love to have one --- i had looked them up a couple of months back and only saw 4 models (??) and pretty pricey too i thought, but this link the prices seem lower than what i thought i saw...
anyway they look sharp to me and I hope they make it back for good...is that a 7- speed tranny?

Motorcycle wars: Indian takes on HOG - CNBC.
The Indian motorcycle, know doubt was a legend in its day, 1901-1953. They were great motorcycles. The 2014 Indian motorcycles are nice looking bikes and the 111 cubic inch engine will probable make the seat of your pants grip the seat.
When I looked at the new Indian mc I also saw the Victory mc , Polaris 4 wheelers the side x side RZR and snow mobiles.
I am going to stick with the Legend of Yesterday and today HARLEY DAVIDSON the legend that can't stand still!:boxing

You maybe quite suprised this time....
New 2014 Indian Motorcycle Sneak Peek
I have always loved the Indian; but surprised I am that they are going with to few models to open (indicates that they have little faith (I think)) and the price is way to high to come out and be competitive in my opinion...I won't spend my money until I think they can weather the storm and I don't think they are opening with that thought in mind or they would have had something in the 15k price range...to much money and they already have a track record of not finishing....
ALSO did you notice that when asked if this is a made in U.S.A. motorcycle they responded --- all "parts" are assembled in Wis...(this may not be an exact quote but what I remembered)

Last edited:
I have always loved the Indian; but surprised I am that they are going with to few models to open (indicates that they have little faith (I think)) and the price is way to high to come out and be competitive in my opinion...I won't spend my money until I think they can weather the storm and I don't think they are opening with that thought in mind or they would have had something in the 15k price range...to much money and they already have a track record of not finishing....
ALSO did you notice that when asked if this is a made in U.S.A. motorcycle they responded --- all "parts" are assembled in Wis...(this may not be an exact quote but what I remembered)

The price is comparative to Touring Harley's. Remember that the recent failures of Indian has been do to the bikes being kit bikes and trying to recreate the brand on the lure and image of Indian. So the attempts failed the way the original Indian. This time with commitment from Polaris I firmly believe this is going to be a long time commitment.........

Back