free website stats program Different wheels for FLSTC? | Harley Davidson Forums

Different wheels for FLSTC?

2manycats

Hi all,
Need some advice from those far more experienced than I--although I'm getting more Harley saavy every day (mostly from making stupid mistakes).:)
Obviously my 2010 Heritage has tubes in the tires, and I want to go tubeless (I know tubes have been around for 100+ years-but with tubeless there is less chance for a catastrophic blowout).

Now my question--what 16 inch wheels from other Harley's will fit right on my bike? Changing bearing diameter isn't a problem; I'm thinking more like the position of the brake rotor, etc, etc. I know someone out there has changed their Softail spoke wheels to tubeless wheels from a Dyna, Road King, or ????

Muchos Burritos.

I don't have a specific answer but will say that the MoCo catalog will list all the wheels from Harley that will fit and will also indicate which kit is needed to adapt them to your bike. It would take a VERY long post to answer your question, catalog will be your best bet. Same goes for aftermarket wheels.

Not to sound too dumb . . .but MoCo? Is this an abbreviation for something? I can't seem to find it.
Don't fee too dumb. I had to ask what TFI was when I first got on here. Also didn't know that decel stood for deceleration. That one made me feel really dumb. lol

Not to sound too dumb . . .but MoCo? Is this an abbreviation for something? I can't seem to find it.

You should never feel that way. Everybody started somewhere and eventually you'll be where are lot of us are and maybe beyond. Good luck and be safe.:)

I know I have had to ask those kind of questions myself. This is a great place to learn new things.

Last edited:
I ordered the Textured Black Thunderstar wheels for my '08 FLSTC. They came in and I looked at them. Awesome! Also needed the wheel bearing kits for both front & back. These wheels will look great on the Heritage. Probably get a new back tire.

Just have to get the bike to the dealer for installation but the weather isn't cooperating.

Back