free website stats program Different Feeling | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Different Feeling

As the Lone Ranger said..."Whoa big fella..." just take the mountains and roads at 8/10s pace...you'll be fine! I like the feel of a mountain bike slipping and sliding, but only on single tracks (after a long early spring warmup)...too easy to get twisted up and shortening the riding season by doing the really knarly stuff...downhill riders are a little "sublime" eh...Hobbit!
NHD, I can only say 2 words here, 'Singletrack Rocks! I have many hours in good old West Virginina peddling 'til my hearts content.

For anyone who wants some killer singletrack that will make you cry, just go to Pocahauntas County, WV & do Props Run. 5 miles of killer downhill that is so much fun, you have to peddle the whole way down. SCHWEEET! You will promptly act like a 12 year old on a bicycle. You will love it. If you were one of the fortunate early riders that got to do the original Props Run, you have been blessed. Then the forest service oversaw a timber job, but they worked with the timber company & rebuilt the trail and retained the brutal pleasure. It is still awesome.

I now ride the beautiful mountains with a rumbling engine, still way cool, but I can't do my favorite single track on the harley. :s

Back