free website stats program Didn't know what to say.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Didn't know what to say....

RichardS brings us a good point, but I do feel the dealership was generous w/supporting you during the long wait - maybe b/c it was the 3rd time for same repair???

I know there are good "family owned" HD dealerships around - we've got one right over the river. Walker's HD is owned/managed by Steve & Cindy Walker & they're not the largest dealership, but live up to their motto (family owned/customer first). If anyone's running through IA on I-29 - stop in & say hi!

RichardS brings us a good point, but I do feel the dealership was generous w/supporting you during the long wait - maybe b/c it was the 3rd time for same repair???

I know there are good "family owned" HD dealerships around - we've got one right over the river. Walker's HD is owned/managed by Steve & Cindy Walker & they're not the largest dealership, but live up to their motto (family owned/customer first). If anyone's running through IA on I-29 - stop in & say hi!

I agree, but they did fix the problem, and to me they went above and beyond is what surprised me. They could have left me sit out there for hours, but they really took time and explained to me what they were going to do. So shops will not even do that. If I had to take it back a 4th time, I would still get the same good service. You can tell when you walk in there that customer satisfaction is their one priority, and they will let you know.

I am happy, and I was still able to ride. Problem is now, I have to take it back and get my bike :newsmile08:. But I am still :bigsmiley11: excited. I am still riding.

I'm glad they took care of you and fixed your bike. Some dealers do not seem to really care about the way they treat customer and/or how they make them feel. It all comes back around to them though. The Dealer in Tifton GA is also a good place for service and the people go above and beyond to help IMO so if you are heading down I-75 on your way to Bike Week they are right off of the interstate around exit 61.

That sounds great. We have a dealer close to here that is great too. Braxters in Bidwell Ohio.

Man this is good. I like to take long trips, and knowing what dealers are willing to take care of customers is always nice to know. I am making a dealer list of everyone that puts a good dealer on so I know how to make my routes now.

Yes Space Coast Harley Davidson is tops. Like I said if you are going down I-95 South to Miami, stop by and see them. They will take care of you for sure.

I agree with Richard as well as Young. Wish my local dealer were half that good. They tried to shaft me of $100 when I purchased and I think they train their service people how to avoid doing any warranty.

TL,

It is unfortunate you had to take your scoot back 3 times for the leak but they didn't have to give you a loaner...and they did (whether they were trying to lure you or not) I try to remember that noone is perfect and, being a maintainer, I know that some problems are tough to diagnose.....especially the intermittant problems. As long as you're happy with your dealer, that's all that matters.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the forum. Let's face it, we hear more negatives than positives no matter where you are in life. Just sounds good to hear something positive once and a while!

I agree with B1-b , it is hard to fix a problem that comes and goes. You can change out parts but that is just guessing and unless someone is lucky gets it right the first time. The only way is to keep the scoot in the shop and run it until the problem returns....well that is not going to happen, most want to ride.

Back