free website stats program Deuce EFI - problems in heavy rain | Harley Davidson Forums

Deuce EFI - problems in heavy rain

Roulph

I have a 2004 Deuce with fuel injection and I have posted on several occasions asking for help and I hope that this post might pay back some of the kind and generous riders who have tried to help me in the past especially Glider. I have been having problems with the security/indicator module on my deuce and recently the power commander I fitted, both of which are supposed to be weather proof and are fitted under the seat below the fuse box in front of the rear wheel.

I have found that water is being forced into both modules which has caused all sorts of ignition problems and this seems to be a particular problem with the deuce and it appears to be due to the design of the rear fender which does not extend as far forward as the fender on most softails. There is a plastic cover inside the fender forward of the wheel but there is about a 3 inch gap between this and the fender which allows road spray to be directed onto both modules. I live in Malaysia and frequently ride though monsoon rain so maybe the problem in greater for me however I have made a extension to the inner plastic cover which prevents road spray getting through and allows the water to drain away to the front of the wheel. Since doing this and drying out both modules all the problems with the bike seem to have cleared up. If this proves helpful to anyone let me know and I will post some photos of this simple modification. Best wishes Roulph

Thank you Roulph,

I noticed my custom has a gap in the same area, but I'm a fair weather rider.

I will make a flap to fit between the fender and the plastic guard.

Al

Roulph

It would be great if you would post the pics and we can add them to the self help forum for others to benefit from.

Thanks

Back