free website stats program Detachables Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachables Question

LWagner

My 2006 Softail Deluxe has detachable rear docking hardware to hold my detachable TourPak with solo rack. What I want now is detachable saddlebags - using both for long trips. I'm having difficulty w/ my HD parts guy in identifying the actual part (rear docking hardware) to replace what I have and will hold both the detachable TourPak and Saddlebags. It might be HD PN54245-00, but w/o a photo and looking only at the Instruction pdf, it's hard to say if it will work. (I know I could order it just to see it, but continue reading first.)

Also, the current HD catalog doesn't list a detachable saddlebag specifically for the 2006 Deluxe. (note: the '06 only has 3 bolts on the rear fender bar, vs. 4 on the newer models). BUT, I am told by a guy at The House of Harley that I can get a generic HD detachable bag - for $800!

So, here's my dilemma; I have searched several online sites for after market bags and docking hardware (i.e. Fox Creek, US Saddlebags, Boss, Auburn Leather, etc. using Easybrackets). Do I order one of these after market bags with appropriate Easybracket? Does anyone know for sure that the Easybracket bolts can be modified to hold both saddlebags and tourpak? Or, just go with the HD parts?

I'm leaning towards after market, but hoping to get a little input as to product - quality, fit, etc.

Thanks!

Back