free website stats program Detachable Tour Pak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Detachable Tour Pak

I never said I didn't like the looks of a bike without the tour pack. I love the clean lines of a Street Glide or the classic look of a Road King. I'm just a member of the club that learned once you have one, it hardly ever comes off because they're so handy!

Besides, I don't think an Ultra without the tour pack looks as good as the afore mentioned Street Glide or Road King. It just looks like an Ultra without the tour pack! Have you thought about getting one of those bikes and ADDING a detachable tour pack?

I know I'm probably in the minority on this, as I so often am, but I thought I'd throw my opinion out there.

All that really matters is what makes YOU happy with YOUR bike!

I have a '07 Road King Classic. Love the "old school look" and I think you lose that look with a tour pack

I have a '07 Road King Classic. Love the "old school look" and I think you lose that look with a tour pack

Wait, now I'm confused!

You have a RK and are adding an Ultra to your collection? If so, I wouldn't spend a dime on modifying the Ultra's tour pack. Ride the RK when you want the "old school look" and ride the Ultra on longer trips or when you need to take more stuff. If you're replacing the RK with the Ultra, then forget everything I just said!

I added a Tour Pack to my 06 Road Glide and have only taken it off once. I bought a detachable mount because I needed one and figured I might as well go the detachable route. But it's so handy to have the extra cargo space, I've even started using the bike for errands. With gas at $4.00 it's a no brainer. Plus I like the look.

I put a detachable tour pak on my 09 road glide. The wife loves the back support when we go on trips and the back speakers. Also she could buy more stuff. :D.

I added a Tour Pack to my 06 Road Glide and have only taken it off once. I bought a detachable mount because I needed one and figured I might as well go the detachable route. But it's so handy to have the extra cargo space, I've even started using the bike for errands. With gas at $4.00 it's a no brainer. Plus I like the look.

I put a detachable tour pak on my 09 road glide. The wife loves the back support when we go on trips and the back speakers. Also she could buy more stuff. :D.

More happy members of my "hardly ever take it off" club!

It's STORY TIME!!!...lol

Act I
When I bought my Standard in '07....I just wanted a HD with touring convenience. I put the detachable backrest and luggage rack on it. I mean for ME....the saddlebags held almost anything I'd need on a trip, and I could put my rainsuit, ect in a bag on the luggage rack. I was a HAPPY CAMPER!!!

Act II
I met Toni (now the love of my life) about 6 months after I bought it. We made a couple trips on it, as it was....again, everything was OK. Limited...but OK. Then on afternoon we stopped @ a Harley shop....she got to looking @ the Ultras...climbed on one, and a split second later....THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!

Epilogue
Soooooooo....Chicago Harley made alot of money off me....lol. Tour Pak, detachable of course, lights, rack, ect, ect, ect. About the only time I take it off is to clean (seldomly). I've grown to like the way it looks...even more LOVE the convenience. I can buy a weeks' worth of groceries, and carry em home. AND....pleasing her has made my life WONDERFUL!!!

Me, I say....GO FOR IT!!!

Billy G

Back