free website stats program Demo day | Harley Davidson Forums

Demo day

mqhybrid

I went to demo day here today and finaly got to ride a vrod night rod. I would have to say that i was not really impressed. I was really looking forward to riding this beast. I got on it and started to ride and it was not a enjoyable ride.

There's deals all over around here on the V-rods. They don't sell very well. You either love 'em or hate 'em, and I think more people hate 'em than love 'em.

The front pegs and forward contorls to small and your right to far forward. very akward to ride. With riding boots need to wear sneakers

I test rode a "muscle" and kinda liked it.Put one of those motors on my touring bike and I would be a happy camper.I think a lot of the the technology of this new school bike will make its way into the old school bikes and everyone benefits.

I test rode a "muscle" and kinda liked it.Put one of those motors on my touring bike and I would be a happy camper.I think a lot of the the technology of this new school bike will make its way into the old school bikes and everyone benefits.
I have been patiently waiting for the V-rod engine in a Bagger rumor to become reality for several years now...spec for spec...the V-rod is the best bike they make....unfortunately the V-rod as we know it is not ergonomically targeted at the 50yr old rider....Keep the V-twin line...as long as the EPA will let them...but put that revolution motor in a touring bike and you just opened the door to a whole new market of riders to look at Harley.. that are currently riding metrics

I am sure that HD is thinking long and hard about this...and is torn in that it would be cutting it's premier touring design into two families which is definitely giving their marketing and sales people fits...if I was in their shoes I would be nervous, even though technically it is a logical step as EPA strangles the air/oil cooled engine.

Much more so than when the V-Rod was introduced as a separate but equal family entity to their line, but competing only with the Dyna & Softail cruiser families. It was a pretty bold step then...doing a new model introduction in this economy and with everybody eying their bottom line, I doubt they will do anything radical in the near term, JMO.

I have to agree, Harley has not really found a market for the V-Rod. I have said it form the first time I saw one, they need to have at least one V-Rod model set up for touring. The one you can build out of the Drag Spec. catg. is a good start.

Back