free website stats program Demo Day (I RODE SEVEN) | Harley Davidson Forums

Demo Day (I RODE SEVEN)

Randall K. Wilson

On Saturday the 26th I demo'ed 7 different Harley Davidson models at Southside Harley Davidson in Indianapolis. A full day of pre-registered slots resulted in many being left open because we had a lot of rain up until the morning of the event and I think many people lost interest due to the weather or other matters. So there were a lot of "no-shows" and the attendees got a chance to ride a lot of different models.

I rode:

Heritage Softail Classic
Dyna Wide Glide
1200 Sportster Custom
883 Iron Sportster
Buell Ulyseuss (sp)
V-Rod Muscle
1200 XLR Sportster

It was a nice 20 minute demo ride, country setting as well as Interstate. The extreme power of the V-Rod was awesome. Folks when you twist the ear on that dude you better be holding on!!!!!!

The last time I rode a Sportster it was a 1991 883 with a chain and solid mount engine. Hence these new one's I rode were very interesting and much improved.

If I was rich a collection of Harleys would be an interesting thing to pursue!:D But I'm not so I will have to settle on my present two.:s

Shoot my dealer limits you to 2 bikes.

I could have ridden every model and even done some repeats. Perhaps this is one of the reasons my dealer is the oldest and largest in Indiana?:)

Why only two bikes? I could see if if there was a lot of attendees, but as I said in my original post, there were folks who did not show up, and the cycles were sitting there ready and available. In fact at lunch time some were taken to the gas station and refilled with gas. :)

What to say??
I envy you!
:devil

I would have tested the Heritage, the Buell and the V-Rod, plus a Cross Bones if available... :s

You lucky man!
:)

Ciao
Ugo

:bigsmiley10:
What to say??
I envy you!
:devil

I would have tested the Heritage, the Buell and the V-Rod, plus a Cross Bones if available... :s

You lucky man!
:)

Ciao
Ugo

If it had been a little closer to Halloween, I would have elected to take the Crossbones for a scoot.:devil:bigsmiley10::breakdance

Back