free website stats program Deluxe? Why? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deluxe? Why?

This is why it is always best to really think out your purchase when buying a Harley. It only adds to the considerable amount of enjoyment while having more seat time...

Roger that brother! I got lucky and found the right one the first time. I did look for 7 months befre making my decision though.

My story is probably familiar to a lot of riders. I rode for 21 years, started out on a chopped Honda in the 70's. 1 year later bought a 78 anniversary edition Sportster. Rode it for several years. Bought a 78 low rider, rode it for several years. Bought a 76 FLH, rode it for several years. Through the process, got married, had kids, time for riding was getting scarce. Sold the FLH, didn't ride for 14 years! Kids got older, off to college, dad was feeling depressed, needing something to fill the void left by the children no longer needing as much parenting. It's here where my attraction for the Deluxe comes in. A friend and I where at a function in the city, there it was, a Deluxe parked on the sidewalk! My FLH was stripped down, solo seat, stagger pipes, you Know, that nostalgic look. It took me another couple of years to get into gear, but when I started looking, I only looked at Deluxe s. Well I talked the wife into letting me get one. I found it on craigslist, looked at it, bought it, drove it home, 110 miles, hadn't been in the saddle for 14 years!! It was like no other feeling! My mind went all the way back to the Sportster days, the smells, the sounds, The humming in the hands and seat, I felt like a kid again, and most importantly, I felt my sanity returning. I've put more miles on this bike in 1 season then any of my other bikes. Riding has a whole new definition, no longer am I riding from bar to bar, I'm on the road for 200 mile rides!! Butt gets stiff these days, but I can handle it! Hope I didn't ramble to much, but I'm a new member and this is the first time I've got to explain my new found fun! Thanks

Vivid Deluxe, glad you're back on two wheels, good for you!

Why my Deluxe? Its the Harley that I fell in love with when I dreamed of owning a Harley Davidson. At 25 I was on m way in life and it was time for a Harley and I bought a 06 Dyna Streetbob for financial reasons, in other words, that's what was in the budget. I had a blast on that bike but it certainly wasn't my Harley soul mate. A year later I figured it's now or never and I traded in the Streetbob for my 2007 Deluxe with the optional profile laced wheels and we have been on the honeymoon since! I love this bike and it's old school looks. It handles beautfully and it always gets admiring looks. People ask what year the bike is and are always surprised to find out it's an 07 and not something right out of the fifties or sixties. Harley makes beautiful bikes but I always say that this is the one that Willie G. really got right (not to say he's gotten much wrong). I'm pushing 30 now and me and my Deluxe have have a lot of road to cover.

My girlfriend would like me to add a Streetglide to keep the Deluxe company in the garage. I hate the thought of going out without my Deluxe but I guess I could have worse problems than a girlfriend that wants me to buy another Harley!! :newsmile01:

Vivid Deluxe, glad you're back on two wheels, good for you!

Why my Deluxe? Its the Harley that I fell in love with when I dreamed of owning a Harley Davidson. At 25 I was on m way in life and it was time for a Harley and I bought a 06 Dyna Streetbob for financial reasons, in other words, that's what was in the budget. I had a blast on that bike but it certainly wasn't my Harley soul mate. A year later I figured it's now or never and I traded in the Streetbob for my 2007 Deluxe with the optional profile laced wheels and we have been on the honeymoon since! I love this bike and it's old school looks. It handles beautfully and it always gets admiring looks. People ask what year the bike is and are always surprised to find out it's an 07 and not something right out of the fifties or sixties. Harley makes beautiful bikes but I always say that this is the one that Willie G. really got right (not to say he's gotten much wrong). I'm pushing 30 now and me and my Deluxe have have a lot of road to cover.

My girlfriend would like me to add a Streetglide to keep the Deluxe company in the garage. I hate the thought of going out without my Deluxe but I guess I could have worse problems than a girlfriend that wants me to buy another Harley!! :newsmile01:

Maybe your girlfriend wants you to get a StreetGlide because she is eyeing the Deluxe for herself!!! I don't want any other bike. I told my husband that when I get a little bored with her, she can get a new paint job and it will be love at first sight all over again!

hmmmm.....she HAS been talking of making the jump from passenger to rider??? but on my deluxe? I don't know 'bout that!!! :yeahright

I don't understand what the difference is between the deluxe and the Heritage Softail except maybe price? This is my 2011 Heritage softail it is being stored for winter that is why it is on the jack. The design is the same as the deluxe I think! Am I wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
At DBMG...funny you say "someday you will own a bagger". I fell in love with my 2010 Deluxe the second I laid eyes on her. I knew the Deluxe was the one, just hadn't found the right package. The black ice and white ice combination did it. Sold. After taking her on a few rides last year and having no storage beyond a backpack or what I could strap to the very small luggage rack, it was time for improvements. Not willing to give up my girl, I started the plans to upgrade her abilities. I didn't care for the saddlebags available to me for the Deluxe so it was time to get my thinking cap on. After a whole lot of planning, checking, fitting, re-fitting, manufacturing hardware, and many arguments with the ol' man about whether it all was straight or not, I now have a great pair of touring hardbags on my ride. I will have matching paint on them just as soon as the weather is warm enough to paint. But for now I am enjoying all of the comforts of my nostalgic and classy bike. I too have been asked how long/ how much it took to restore my bike...it always gives me a chuckle. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to styles, for many different reasons, I just loved the fact that I bought brand new, but had the look of old.

Hands down it was the retro look of the earlier style bikes…For me after the decision to buy a Harley one look at my Deluxe I had to have it.

Back