free website stats program Decreased H-D Quality for 2010 Models | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decreased H-D Quality for 2010 Models

Walleye, though there are observable differences in the materials used and processes, the jury is still out if the "compromises in Quality we as Harley riders have observed really impact the overall "rideability and longevity aspect" of the rather complex equation of what constitutes the bottom line...Customer Satisfaction...in which the consumer answers by plunking down his hard earned cash for a piece of the dream...

Walleye, though there are observable differences in the materials used and processes, the jury is still out if the "compromises in Quality we as Harley riders have observed really impact the overall "rideability and longevity aspect" of the rather complex equation of what constitutes the bottom line...Customer Satisfaction...in which the consumer answers by plunking down his hard earned cash for a piece of the dream...

I have noticed all along the Lack of attention to detail. I started taking notice to the custom painted tanks and sheet metal items they have on display. Whether on their wall or the motorcycle on display. If you look down in the tank's saddle that lays upon the frame tube from the front. It's just over spray. The care taken to seal the tank's surface to the finished coat of clear was not evident on the underside.
For years, the frame neck on the dressers. Seems to be painted over a non-prepped surface.
Also, the quality of the type clear coat they use is worthless. If there's dust on your tank and you wipe it with your finger. It will scratch the surface. Back in my day when I painted motorcycles. A 1 Qt can of black paint. With the HD label on it was 36.00. Where as a 1 QT can of Ditzler equipment black. ( same exact color black) was 6.00. Bottom line is we, I bought the Harley because I wanted a Harley. It was what I always wanted. Even though I owned many other types. Till I could afford a Harley. I bought it for that HD Legend name. I just took it for granted, that it would be top quality.

zoood

harley could put a rusted out dented tank on my bike, i know the better part of my check is staying within my boarders

Go into any HD dealership and pick up anything , if you can find anything that is MADE IN THE USA let me know . Everything from chrome to clothes is made over seas & most of it is made in CHINA .

Go into any HD dealership and pick up anything , if you can find anything that is MADE IN THE USA let me know . Everything from chrome to clothes is made over seas & most of it is made in CHINA .

He was reffering to his MC, not clothes and chrome. The better part of that $ does stay in the country, at least for now. Beats the alternative IMO.

after comparing a few tanks on 10-15 year old bikes to 2010 bikes cant say i really see a difference in the tank welds, they werent polished completely then n they arent now, big deal its still much better than the finish on most other brands

after comparing a few tanks on 10-15 year old bikes to 2010 bikes cant say i really see a difference in the tank welds, they werent polished completely then n they arent now, big deal its still much better than the finish on most other brands

VERY HAPPY WITH ALL OF MINE I'VE OWNED....MAYBE IT'S *** ME ***

1995 883 sport....BLACK beautiful and stayed that way with MY NORMAL upkeep......

On my 2000 FXDS::::: TODAY. YOU"D have a hard time believing it was that old... looks new PARKED next to my new FLHR... (a tear it was traded off)

I have a 2006 1200R .. I bot new (39000 mi. now) and it LOOKS just like OFF the show room floor(actually better)no finger prints (doesn't that frost you)

I think ALL of THEM to be well made QUALITY BIKES...

I ONLY HOPE the new bike fairs out as well... SO FAR
I'm very pleased with the NEW 09 FLHR....

I LOOKED OVER the WELDS on mine, from the tank to the nice HEAVY frame construction.... I am VERY PLEASED..... I HAVE DONE WELDING FOR many years (my business).... so believe me I look and LOOKED.......

I watch ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPER.... ON the tin, YES they smooth and grind down ALL the welds..LOOKS good on TV for the TIN but LEAVE THE FRAME WELDS ALONE in my book....

For me a good weld should NOT be ground on.... that's PEROID ...

Many welds ground down to nothing for the looks aren't worth a HOOT for the strength needed for the LONG RUN...

I'm happy with the welds on the hd tanks and they LOOK FINE to me.....
NEVER had a leak yet.. nor a broken ear... most problems come from LOOSE bolts and vibration. and the NUT behind the bars (me included)....

signed....BUBBIE

Back