free website stats program Decent Leather? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decent Leather?

Stopped local Harley dealer today and glanced at the leather jackets but was wondering who else has decent leather. I didnt see anything at the dealer I liked. The other question would be helmets...I like that kevlar half shell but cant help but wonder who else makes a decent one? Thnx.

Many leather makers, but stick with those not made in China or Pakistan. The US, UK, Germany and others make very high quality stuff. Fox Creek, Belstaff, for starters. I wear an old 1979 Hein Gericke Made in Germany for extreme cold or hot riding, but recently got an H-D one, for everyday riding Made in Korea...but then it is one very well made jacket made in the early 1990's...:)

tn676s3.jpg

hg42.jpg

As for carbon fiber helmet, I use 3 year old model H-D one made by HJC, best fitting helmet I have ever worn.

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

Last edited:
Kerr Leathers. American made using 3 1/4 to 4 1/4 ounce heavy leather. My jacket (42) weighs over 8 pounds! Half a cow!!

Kerr's Leather

Salem, MA.

TQ

Attachments

• Kerr jacket.jpg
    Kerr jacket.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
over the years I have somehow got in to collecting motorcycle leather jackets , I even have a few old horsehair HD and Indian jackets, pre 70s HDs were well made well and pre 50 indian jackets,also the new indian stuff is good leather, Shcott is another good old leather company that is still making quality leather and has been since the 40s, also chicago leather is another older company still around god stuff, as for the newer companys Kerrs does make a real good leather jacket and fox creek stuff is good, but in my book Taylor rains supreme in motorcycle leather Jackets they have been around a long time ,they have supplied leathers for the Airforce and just about every major and small cities Police motorcade and mounted patrol divisions in the US over the years.they make a varity of style riding jackets with quality and fuctions like zip in full liners that will keep the wind off you and keep you warm .a Taylor will out live you.

I bought a WillieG HD jacket a few years back on Ebay. The jacket was barely worn and at that time was made in USA. I love the Jacket too and the leather is the best.

Back