free website stats program Decel Popping | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decel Popping

I'm not doubting your word here, but I'm curious about where this info comes from. messing with the timing without a dyno makes me a little nervous.

Have you tried the idle timing change.

What dyno test is at idle? I see W O T sheets.

Still nervous?

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Have you tried the idle timing change.

What dyno test is at idle? I see W O T sheets.

Still nervous?

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT
No I haven't messed with the timing. I've thought about it, but my bike runs good and I don't want to mess things up...
So what kind of running conditions prompted you to make changes with the timing?

Guys

I also have a T-max on my Softail Heritage 2008, equipped with D&D Low Cat 2-1 and Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Filter... The popping on decel is there, even after running more than 500 km to allow T-max to "auto tune". I'll try the timing changes and see what happens. I also located these 3 videos on YouTube that give an overview of the change process... Maybe it help others with the same problem.

YouTube - Tuning T-max: 1. Zippers Thundermax timing adjustments to limit popping and coughing at lower RPM's

YouTube - Tuning T-max: 2. Zippers Thundermax timing adjustments to prevent ping

YouTube - Tuning T-max: 3. Zippers Thundermax AFR adjustments

Mauricio

Hi Guys
Ever since the boys installed the SERT on my 09 Sportster, I have decel popping, I went back to see my tech and he said that if I wanted it removed he could remove it, but he did say that there is no danger to the engine with the decel popping. It does sound very cool, I like it, other guys have commented on how they would like to have decel popping. Is it dangerious to the engine ?
Thanks guys, have a great day. :)

Not much to worry about. It's popping in the exhaust and it can be eliminated by richening the decel fuel tables if they know what they are doing. Chances are if they say they can't eliminate it, that they are giving you a canned map too or they would know how to do it.

Seems to me the stock exhaust as heavy and baffled as it is u may not hear the pops I also remember when The MOCO used to seal the muffler joints with clear high temp RTV

Back