free website stats program Decel Pop Victory | Harley Davidson Forums

Decel Pop Victory

revok1200

After having the new motor put in it has been popping on decel real bad.

Wasn't gonna waste my time with the dealer from what most of us already know, unless you pay for the Dyno they wont really address the problem, just use canned maps.

Well, I got out the laptop and started creating my own map (PCIII) and have not completely illiminated the pop but almost all of it is gone. It sounds so much better now.

It has been a good day.

Having trouble with the idle when it is cold, but it is running good when it warms up.

The cold idle problem is something you will have to live with. In order to eliminate pop on decel the bike computer has to richen the AFR when the bike decels, when you are cruising the AFR leans out if the AFR stays lean on decel the bike will pop. Since the AFR is a little richer at a lower RPM and the bike is cold the idle will be affected, once the bike warms up the idle is normal.

Mine used to stall periodically during idle. I added 10% fuel in the zero throttle, 500-1500 RPM range and the problem was gone. Also, make sure you have zero'd the throttle on the PCIII per the instructions on the website.

Back