free website stats program Death wobble question | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Death wobble question

R W B : I appreciate you bringing up this safety issue and others. Knowledge is power.

Jack/Glider: Too funny....I don't believe Jack realized how badly he set himself up.

I rode 80-90 most of the way to the Keys with no wobble on my BOB:s

I could say something here but I would probably get banned :lolrolling

Can you give me a hint?:p

R W B : I appreciate you bringing up this safety issue and others. Knowledge is power.

Jack/Glider: Too funny....I don't believe Jack realized how badly he set himself up.

It's an old thread Sunnysideup but thanks. If you want the HD + rider pushed limits best answer, read Smitty's older post on first page. Most all other causes are maintenance and part failure related, with a few still yet undetermined what went wrong. I have had 2 Hondas, 1 Triumph and 1 Harley Dyna and never had tank slap or wobble,weave. I have had road crack tracking which can be tricky but not the same thing. Best defense is get to know your bike, it's public history, and keep good maintence on the swing arm bushings, steering head bearings and tighteness, alignment, wheel balancing, tire pressure and motor mount integrity.

As far as Jack needing a hint, yea he is one for the humor. He is one of the most sharpest guys I've even met, but every now and again when a joke pops up along the way, Jack is so busy trying to give a good thread answer he fails to catch the punch line (reminds me of the alcohol took the bus home thread, in case you haven't seen that one).

But you won't find a better person (and knowledgable) than Jack. He is defnitely unique in all the folks I've ever met.

It's an old thread Sunnysideup but thanks. If you want the HD + rider pushed limits best answer, read Smitty's older post on first page. Most all other causes are maintenance and part failure related, with a few still yet undetermined what went wrong. I have had 2 Hondas, 1 Triumph and 1 Harley Dyna and never had tank slap or wobble,weave. I have had road crack tracking which can be tricky but not the same thing. Best defense is get to know your bike, it's public history, and keep good maintence on the swing arm bushings, steering head bearings and tighteness, alignment, wheel balancing, tire pressure and motor mount integrity.

As far as Jack needing a hint, yea he is one for the humor. He is one of the most sharpest guys I've even met, but every now and again when a joke pops up along the way, Jack is so busy trying to give a good thread answer he fails to catch the punch line (reminds me of the alcohol took the bus home thread, in case you haven't seen that one).

But you won't find a better person (and knowledgable) than Jack. He is defnitely unique in all the folks I've ever met.

Thanks Dave I needed that and I did set myself up on that one:newsmile100:

I won't hijack our threat as I have already posted my experience with high speed wobble, but Jack is the perfect stright man, and he doesn't know who's on first.

I won't hijack our threat as I have already posted my experience with high speed wobble, but Jack is the perfect stright man, and he doesn't know who's on first.

But the Chicken came first then the EGG:lol

You won't hijack our 'threat' ..... perfect 'stright' man :lolrolling
Is the stress of Moderating getting your typing there Don.

But yes I agree with you on Jack. But hijack all you want, this is not my favorite thread (threat :lolrolling) since on post 24, I earned my second (and 4 week long) vacation.

But it has been enlightening. Hmmm I've often wondered as a Mod you could go back and correct your typos at anytime right?

You won't hijack our 'threat' ..... perfect 'stright' man :lolrolling
Is the stress of Moderating getting your typing there Don.

But yes I agree with you on Jack. But hijack all you want, this is not my favorite thread (threat :lolrolling) since on post 24, I earned my second (and 4 week long) vacation.

But it has been enlightening. Hmmm I've often wondered as a Mod you could go back and correct your typos at anytime right?

We gave Don the night off to rest up so he can spell better tomorrow. :lolrolling

Back