free website stats program Dealer Profit | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer Profit

Must have hooked up my speedometer after the mandatory 10 mile dealer ride, mine only had 3 miles showing on it when I bought it.

I am a wholesaler by trade. Everybody is in business to make money it makes the world go round. You would end up paying the same money no matter how they word it. The added cost takes away from the sticker shock that's all.
Be thankful you do not live up here in Canada.
M.S.R.P. $24,500.00
Freight 1,500.00
Hidden charges 750.00
HST 3,477.50
Total $30,227.50 :(

BTW you just bought a DYNA

I am a wholesaler by trade. Everybody is in business to make money it makes the world go round. You would end up paying the same money no matter how they word it. The added cost takes away from the sticker shock that's all.
Be thankful you do not live up here in Canada.
M.S.R.P. $24,500.00
Freight 1,500.00
Hidden charges 750.00
HST 3,477.50
Total $30,227.50 :(

BTW you just bought a DYNA

Ouch, no wonder you guys like coming across the border to buy bikes

Hey Jack,,, Rossmeyers or Canada, take your pick because it's about the same price.:D

You got me there, I had one dealing with those guys, its funny the Superglide I bought from them came from Canada:s

Thanks for the replies,

Now that I think about it, The Gold Wings were in wooden crates, so some assembly may have been required, most of the other bikes were in metal framed crates and were ready to roll aside from hooking up the battery.

I am still shopping, and the on paper written deal I recieved (even after telling them I would not be "buying today") on a 2011 Ultra Limited was MSRP $24699.00 + Frieght $475.00 + Set-up $485.00 + Processing Fee $195.00

I didn't make an offer but thats the #'s I have to work with. As I stated earlier, I have a Dealer Invoice report from "Cycle Buy" I just wanted to know how much they may be padding the frieght and set up. Sounds like the "Set-up" is padding. :yeahright

Back