free website stats program Dealer Handling Charge | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer Handling Charge

Is the $600 dealer handling (setup) charge, on top of the shipping/destination charge normal? I have not taken delivery and am hoping to get the dealer to toss or reduce this charge.

Jack,

Do not pay any extra charges. When we bought our bikes last year (2009 Dyna Low riders) not only we did not pay any extra charge we paid approx. xx% of list price (MSRP + factory add on+ HD shipping cost ). Also, got card for 10% on future purcahses from the dealership next 60 days. We live in RI and the local HD dealer Precision HD went out of their way to make a good customer experience. They even dellivered our bikes for free as it was too cold to ride.

I live in RI also and deal with Precision HD they are very frendly, helpfull, and they know your name and 99 out of 100 times they have what you need in stock.
A1 dealership.
Dave

As Smitty says, all depends on where you buy. One dealer where I live will not lift from his price. Another dealer said "sure". Guess who I purchased from...

I have never purchased a new scoot, but when I am in the market for a new cage, I find out what the going price is. The dealers will usually add all sorts of charges and surcharges, and I always counter with:" look, this is what I am willing to pay for it. You can add that $500 charge for warranty coverage, but you're going to have to reduce the price of the car by that much, 'cause I'm not going to pay another dime". You will usually get a feel for how serious they are in their efforts to sell the item. I think many times they add these dollars because there are a lot of people who will just pay them.

In todays economy most will wave the shipping and the set up , everyone is eagar to sell inventory . If they don't walk away , they will call you in a day or two and wave it I guarrantee it .

Negotiations, trade-in, warranty, etc, got so confusing, I am not sure what I am paying for. But I will draw the line on the handling charge.

Thanks!!!

What is wrong with just the price of the bike and taxes? Do not forget to make them throw in the official shop manual. This time of year they will do it just for the inventory reduction.

This time of year they will do it just for the inventory reduction.

I would not think on a 2011 bike and that is what I believe Jackloganbill is buying. Just my guess but he will never get out without paying the freight charge. Maybe the rest of the add on bogas charges, but I bet he pays freight.

Back