free website stats program Daytona Biketoberfest... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Biketoberfest...

after 26 yrs of daytona i think i am qualified to say that harleys outnumber other makes 85% ON A 100% scale.......... the way it oughta be.i wonder if attendance is down-- i know all the other rallys last 2 yrs have had a considerable drop in attendance-- u certainly cant trust the buisness world to tell you the truth as i have seen them {the buisness community} point blank lie saying the numbers were up when in fact the numbers were way down............

i wonder if attendance is down-- i know all the other rallys last 2 yrs have had a considerable drop in attendance-- ..

Earlier post said attendance was down but I road all day in the city, and to me it looked full.
1) Main Street on beach side @ the Boot Hill Saloon was PACKED. The streets were lined with bikes.
2) International Speedway area was bumper to bumper.
3) North US1 by the Iron Horse was crazy.
4) Tomoka Farms Road @ the Cabbage Patch was a mad house.

It looked busy to me. Much more so than last February Bike Week. I was very surprised. Will see what the news papers say.

Hoop!

I heard the dealership at Destination Daytona was saying attendance was down this year. I don't think so! My theory is that attendance was at least the same if not up a bit but the number of people spending money on big ticket items, like new bikes or headers/exhausts, was way down due to the economic situation. Folks still wanted to go and have a good time but there just wasn't much left after hotels, food, t shirts, etc. I know I got stuck in just as many traffic jams as last year. Maybe Florida made the roads skinnier?

I was there from Thursday afternoon through Sunday about 1PM. It was crowded at all of the venues, but Bike festivities in Daytona are now so spread out with the Ormond Beach/Destination Daytona, Main Street, New Smyrna/Cabbage patch and the South A1A area activities its hardto tell anymore. I'd say Main Street was as jammed as its been the last three years or so. THe one thing I did notice was resturants, the bars, and hotels didn't seem to be doing too bad, but I didn't see a lot of people buying merchandise, except for the t-shirts. Might have just been my perception.

I sat up on the balcony at Wiseguy's all three nights watching the world go by under me. Agian, might have been my perception, but there were a significant number of sport bikes and trikes over previous years. A lot of them were the same bikes just making laps on Main Street, but there seemed to be a significant number of them around. Most of the bikes that parked o the sidewalk were H-Ds as most of the sport metric guys didn't seem to park and leave their rides.

after 26 yrs of daytona i think i am qualified to say that harleys outnumber other makes 85% ON A 100% scale.......... the way it oughta be.i wonder if attendance is down-- i know all the other rallys last 2 yrs have had a considerable drop in attendance-- u certainly cant trust the buisness world to tell you the truth as i have seen them {the buisness community} point blank lie saying the numbers were up when in fact the numbers were way down............

What do you mean by "the way it oughta be"?

Back