free website stats program Daytona beach bike week 2010 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona beach bike week 2010

Just got back. Had a good time..spent a total of 15.00 got my obligatory pin and a 10.00 oil change helper at JPCycles..slides under the oil filter and funnels the oil into the pan rather than all over the frame. that's all i spent. On the way home I saw and heard something I don't wanna see/hear again. First when in heavy traffic on I4 going thru Orlando, this nimrod passes me on a VTX...he is leaning way back and has his feet on top of his fork mounted turn signals...never seen anything like it in my life. I quickly rolled off the throttle..I didn't wanna be around him if things went bad for him. Some guys don't have a clue. What I heard was a high revving Yamaha Vstar in front of me with loud tinny sounding pipes...oh my goodness..my ears were bleeding.

Just got back. Had a good time..spent a total of 15.00 got my obligatory pin and a 10.00 oil change helper at JPCycles..slides under the oil filter and funnels the oil into the pan rather than all over the frame. that's all i spent. On the way home I saw and heard something I don't wanna see/hear again. First when in heavy traffic on I4 going thru Orlando, this nimrod passes me on a VTX...he is leaning way back and has his feet on top of his fork mounted turn signals...never seen anything like it in my life. I quickly rolled off the throttle..I didn't wanna be around him if things went bad for him. Some guys don't have a clue. What I heard was a high revving Yamaha Vstar in front of me with loud tinny sounding pipes...oh my goodness..my ears were bleeding.

I just got back last night from Bikeweek. Going back next weekend. There was a VTX with loud pipes that flew by use on our way back. My ears are also bleeding. Man no matter how they try to make them things sound like a Harley they still sound like a metric machine. I just can't ride behind those things anymore. They just don't sound right.

Skipped DeLand on Saturday as it was 49 degrees and raining.

Hit Destination Daytona on Sunday and had a great time. I rode up the back way to DD (up 11 north, 304 east, 1 south) and missed all traffic and the nut balls mentioned above on I-4 and 95! (And it's a nice ride)

So nice to see all the vendors in one place. Listen to the pipes, talk to the reps, etc... Alot of bikes up on lifts getting stuff done.

The sheriffs were not messing around. Saw one guy speed off in the parking lot, 10 seconds later a Sheriff on a motorcycle pulled him over. I'm sure he got a verbal earful.

I'll prob go back after work one day this week and will go back this weekend as it is suppose to warm up into the low 70's :).

Ride safe and have fun.

Harley always seems to really do it right. I could have spent all day at the demo rides out at the Speedway. They are the most helpful & friendly group of people you can talk to. I believe it was Honda that eliminated demo rides altogether saying it really did nothing for actual sales. Makes no sense to me because after last years Demo rides at the Harley Booth, both my brother & I bought new Harleys.

I have to admit, even if I didn't own a Harley, I would admire the company for being so in touch and understanding the wants & needs of their customers.

been riding all week, been to main st., destination daytona, pub 44, saw the coleslaw wrestling at the cabbage patch, white eagle, been a whole lotta fun, got a couple days left to party down,wooooooo!!!!:D

Back