free website stats program Darn it | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Darn it

I just can't win with this bike. I figured this morning that while the bike is on the stand waiting for the ordered gaskets to arrive I would adjust the clutch because I noticed it was alittle out during my ride. I've adjusted this several times so I knew what I was doing. So I remove the three screws and take off the derby cover. Adjust the clutch to my liking and as I'm putting the derby cover back on my phone rings. I look down to see who is calling and lose my grip on the derby cover sending one of the screws into the primary. I tried to get it out with a magnet but to no avail. It fell under the clutch basket. So now I have to drain the primary and remove it as well as order a new primary gasket. In my house when it rains it pours.
WAP.gif

My goodness it never ends with this bike. I fixed the primary and finished up the rockers last night. Started it up on the stand this morning to see if it would leak oil. From what I could tell the new gaskets solved the problem. BUT, as I had the bike running to see if I solved the leak I hear a ting ting thump as two large washers and a spacer fell out of the bottom of the bike. (EDIT) After some investigating I found they are from the rear exhaust bracket. So I got two washers and a spacer but no bolt to complete the set. This bike is really beginning to be more trouble than it's worth.
WAP.gif

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back