free website stats program Danny Gray seats -- questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Danny Gray seats -- questions

gseely

I've just about decided to get a Danny Gray SpeedCradle seat, but can't find one locally to look at. If you could answer any of these questions, I'd appreciate your input:

Is it worth the extra money for the gel?

What do you think about the flame stitching vs. the plain seat?

Does the optional passenger pillion attach directly to the solo seat, and can you use the standard mounting hole on the fender to attach the solo/pillion combination?

Thanks for your help.

Is it worth the extra money for the gel?

Separate Gel Cover/Sheep Skin pad approx. $80-$90...they are more confortable (I got one for the passenger pillion)...works. Got one for the rider saddle, more to protect the leather seat, but it is more comfortable.

What do you think about the flame stitching vs. the plain seat?

Really like flame stitching, subtle design just works.

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Does the optional passenger pillion attach directly to the solo seat, and can you use the standard mounting hole on the fender to attach the solo/pillion combination?

Your bike probably has the threaded insert with "C clip retainer that goes on the fender, the kit is only $7-$8 and should accomodate the addition of a pillion. Check how the saddle and pillion link together.

Last edited:
I was interested in them too. Then I sent them an email with some questions about a year ago and still havent got a reply. I got a mustang two up and Corbin Solo instead. Glad I did.

Bodeen

Back