free website stats program Damage to bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Damage to bike

Cowboywildbill; Amazing laws in MD. I never heard of such restrictive legisltation. Even here in the Bible belt it's not that bad.

Had a guy I worked with one day tell me he was going to borrow my bike to give his dad a ride I said o k ill borrow your wife while youre gone He said what kind of a statement is that I replied exactly not trying to be funny here but I struggle with anyone wanting to borrow my bike JMO

I agree with everyone who said he (or both of them) should pay for the damage but I do have a few Questions. You said "he rode your bike to the next bar and you went in a truck" what did he do just run in a hit someone?, how far behind were you? When it went outside and it got near your bike you couldn't have done something before any damage was done??? I'm thinking I would have tried to do something if they were fighting near my bike!

Don't matter who rode the bike to the place. Both the guys fighting that caused damage to your bike are responsible for repairing it! If they don't man-up then pursue legal action.

ride safe

Taking responsibility for one's actions seems to be a dying virtue these days. I have 4 people that I count as close friends. 3 of them ride and I've let each of them ride my 09 Road Glide and my 05 Wing because I know that I will get them back in the same or better shape than when they got it. I also know that they will fix whatever they might break without any hesitation or fuss.

Regardless of whether alcohol was involved, your "friend" was legally and morally responsible for returning your bike in the same condition in which he received it. The fact that he won't pay for the repairs shows a serious flaw in his personality and you should take that into account in your future dealings with him.

So many lessons here:

Be really careful who you let ride your bike
If there's a moving motorbike involved - stay away from the hooch and last of all
Be really selective when using the term "friend" when it comes to the crunch good ones are few and precious

IMHO just take the lesson and ditch the jerk from your social circle. Pursuing compensation legally is going to be more trouble and expense than it's worth.

Only man that's ridden my bike other than me is Hobbit - and he's way better on a bike than I am, and he'd extended the same trust of his bike 100yds behind him to me.

Back