free website stats program D and D exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

D and D exhaust

roadglide8196

I just had a D and D exhaust put on my bike. Dealership calls me,says we can not dyno with out drilling a hole in my pipe. To use the sniffer, so they did not put the supertuner on the bike. Does this sound right? They felt that dynoing would not make much of a difference anyway? It is at 72 HP 86 torque.I am a newbie please help.

Go to a different dealer. A good tuner wont need to drill a hole in the baffle. I have a 2010 street glide with a boss 2 into one with the heavy breather and super tuner. My bike dynoed at 76 hp. they tuned it, no issues at all. I always have em dynoed. I dont care for the tuners that can be adjusted yourself. Too much temptation to always tinker with it.

The closer the sniffer is to the head the more accurate the tuning will be. Some pipes have a baffle you can't get the copper tube through. it's only a 1/4 inch and that small of of hole will not mess up the back pressure or change the tune of the pipe (per Dyna jet experts that build the dyno) their's no choice, I've used a long drill bit to put a small hole in the baffle and run the tube through, some times I could get away with feeding the tube from the front of the muffle and then install the muffler on the bike, have never done D & D slip-on's so dont know. If you've just done slip-on you probably don't need the bike tuned. but the rev limit will stay unchanged. I would do the A/C with the super tuner and install the pre-build stage 1 map that would up you rev limit, no dyno and I'm sure you would be happy or if not let them drill the hole. you can contact D & D for their input, they dyno their own pipes and they would be glad to recommend the best way for you to go.
Enjoy the sound

you dont say which D&D exhaust my 2-1 was fine and did not require drilling to get the sniffer in
my bad....boss 2 into 1 with the perforated baffle.. middle level...baffle. the quiet baffle may need to have a small hole drilled, with the super tuner im sure it can be dialed in real close. I just might ask the local shop their thoughts on this. their tuner has a good reputation. I am also assuming that the op has the full exhaust. The factory header with the cat would be a no go for the sniffer.

Back