free website stats program Cycle shack slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Cycle shack slip ons

How have those held up as far as bluing? I may buy a set of those slip ons for the RG. Anything that fits an 08 RG should fit an 09 RG as far as slip ons right?

The expert can chime in on this one ,but I was told by the techs at the dealer that with the new exhaust on the 09s they are more of a direct 1-1 exhaust with the crossover under the frame basically acting like the crossover on a dual exhaust car,only coming into play if one muffler is plugging and the SE pipe is baffled the same left and right.

The expert can chime in on this one ,but I was told by the techs at the dealer that with the new exhaust on the 09s they are more of a direct 1-1 exhaust with the crossover under the frame basically acting like the crossover on a dual exhaust car,only coming into play if one muffler is plugging and the SE pipe is baffled the same left and right.

Not sure what your saying here, why would one pipe be plugging? The pipes I am looking at I assumed were baffled the same left and right.

On pre 09 bikes the left and right slip ons are baffled differently to allow scavenging of the rear cylinder when running with stock head pipes,and if you are runnig too rich or burning oil a muffler can partially plug the crossover allows it to breath out of both mufflers if there is a restriction

How would you know if you bought slip ons wich was the left right? Or does this only apply to cruisers? I have an 07 FXST, would this apply to the slip ons being different?

Thanks,

Rampage-11

How would you know if you bought slip ons wich was the left right? Or does this only apply to cruisers? I have an 07 FXST, would this apply to the slip ons being different?

Thanks,

Rampage-11

unless you have pipes on both side the bikes this doesnt apply .. but on the tourers its easy to tell by the indents to clear some brackets

Back