free website stats program Cutting out cats | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cutting out cats

I re-read the post #7 but still confused.You got a set off e-bay and those are the ones you want to de-cat,correct. On those pipes where are the o2 senor bungs located?
tourbox

Sorry dude. guess I didn't make it very clear in post #7. the pipes I got on Ebay were supposed to be from an '09, with no cats and the sensors in a different place. I already bought the adapters to use with my O2 sensors on the new pipes and they came with wires to splice in since the original wires would have been too short. Only problem is, the pipes I got are not from an '09. They have the cats and the sensor holes are in the same place as the ones on my '13 Ultra, so they're from a '10 - '13. Now the seller says he THOUGHT they were from an '09, but wasn't real sure. Not that big of a deal, since I got them fairly cheap. Just have to remove the cats now and then I can keep my original pipes in case I need them in the future. Have I confused you even more now??? :D

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with the cat removal. I too am planning the change for the '09 headers(which I have) on my 2012 Ultra. Just waiting on my Dobeck Gen 4. Already ordered. Can wait.
tourbox

I don't know how you would get it all out by drilling.Got a few pictures below.
Notice how a die grinder had to be used to get rid of the balance of the honeycomb.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I don't know how you would get it all out by drilling.Got a few pictures below.
Notice how a die grinder had to be used to get rid of the balance of the honeycomb.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The flanges that are in the bottom picture here, do they slide off over the top of the pipes? The reason I ask is, the set of pipes I bought on Ebay don't have flanges on them. I haven't removed the pipes from my bike yet and don't want to until I'm ready to swap them out with catless headers. If they don't slide off, how can I install the pipes I bought on Ebay if the flanges aren't already on there? And if they do slide on and off, how do they secure the pipes to the heads? I'm thinking if they do slide off and on, how will they hold the pipes in place? Does this make any sense?
Thanks.

At the top of the pipe,where it meets the exh. port, there is a retaining ring that holds the flange on. Once you remove the retaining ring the flange slides off. Slip the flange on the new de-cat pipes then replace the retaining ring. The flange has a groove cut in it for the retaining ring to sit in. You'll be able to see that once the pipes are off. I use a large pair of snap ring pliers with blunt noses to get the retaining ring on & off. You could probably get it off with a screw driver or good pick.
tourbox

I got a couple of pictures from my install as directed by Dobeck.

First picture you can see the OEM sensor sticking up on the right. I disconnect both of those connections in the last picture and the new wide band sits up as per their install pictures. Turned out real nice!

Attachments

• Wide Band O2 Sensor install 012.jpg
    Wide Band O2 Sensor install 012.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Wide Band O2 Sensor install 013.jpg
    Wide Band O2 Sensor install 013.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Wide Band O2 Sensor install 014.jpg
    Wide Band O2 Sensor install 014.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 24
Back