free website stats program Cuts out at 3500 rpm | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cuts out at 3500 rpm

No I don't have the wife! Wouldn't want to have anything to do with a woman that would do something like that to a brother! Reminds me of my buddy who sent his through nursing school only to kick him out the day after she graduated! By the way, he has 5 kids.

OK evryone! The 185 main jet corrected the problem. Yea! Thanks for the input, we'll put it back on the Dyno after New Year partying and see how it shakes out.

OK evryone! The 185 main jet corrected the problem. Yea! Thanks for the input, we'll put it back on the Dyno after New Year partying and see how it shakes out.

Kinda makes me wonder about the guy that told you to just ditch the carb and buy a Mikuni. :dknow

Aside from a very slight throttle response improvement with the mic, I'll tale the CV any day.

One thing that a lot of people don't realize is the CV with the diaphragm setup will compensate for altitude changes much better than other carbs like the Mic and some others.

Aside from a very slight throttle response improvement with the mic, I'll tale the CV any day.

I totally agree......

My 2000 dyna 88 to 95 with ALL the mods. really ran just as good(not dyno') with the tweeked stock carb.... when I changed to 42/mikuni I was NOT impressed and my gas mileage went way down... the only thing I noticed is like glider said :)newsmile055:) a little faster from the squirt pump to advance rpm a little faster at the get-go....43/46 with HD tweeked and DOWN to 36/39 with 42 mikuni.
Runs good on 42 mikuni but not enough to go with the $$$$ and LOSS in miles per gal.... I may change back this spring... I'll report back then....

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
My Custom bike has 88 Rev Tech with CV carb. It cuts out at 3500rpm but then picks up and continues to rev. Put it on Dyno to verify and tech confirmed. He seems to be very knowledgable and said he thought the 40mm carb was too small and probably has an oversized main jet to compensate. Cruising reading is 13.7 but cranking the throttle full open causes plugs to foul because of too much fuel to air ratio. He suggested not putting any money into the CV and ditching it for a Mikuni 45mm carb. Is it possible to make the CV work with a smaller main jet or spend the bucks for a Mikuni? I'm not that interested in Max speed but I want the bike to run good at all RPM's. Is it possible there is a different diagnosis or is he right on.

i agree with these guys
i you foul<s the plug with a 40 imagine whith a 45
stars by putting the needle all the way down in the carb and test
after go down in the main jet

Back