free website stats program Customizing a 100th Anniversary Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Customizing a 100th Anniversary Ultra

Yeh, I feel Harley could have cut the production down,to compensate for the wait when you order the bike. Don't get me wrong it was well worth waiting.

Here's my '03. I did a few mods.

scan0001.jpg

and after a few more (including a clutch). This is the same bike.

Sturgis011.jpg

OK, The change from the Roadglide front end to the batwing leads me to believe were missing the accident photos?

Honestly I think the 100th bikes where so over produced that they will never attain that collectible status.I see these bikes everywhere I go.Dont get me wrong, if I had the money in 03 I would have bought one.But listening to many who did over the years has lead me to conclude most who did where left feeling somewhat betrayed by Harley.
LOL, I know where there is an 03 RK sitting with only the test miles on it. The guy who owns it will not let anyone just push it around. He has them pick it up & sit the back end on a little dolly or if it's a short distance, he will have them pick the back end up. :D I thought he was nuts, but after hearing the appraiser, he might be onto something. :s

LOL, I know where there is an 03 RK sitting with only the test miles on it. The guy who owns it will not let anyone just push it around. He has them pick it up & sit the back end on a little dolly or if it's a short distance, he will have them pick the back end up. :D I thought he was nuts, but after hearing the appraiser, he might be onto something. :s

What's the scoop here joy ?????

Honestly I think the 100th bikes where so over produced that they will never attain that collectible status.I see these bikes everywhere I go.Dont get me wrong, if I had the money in 03 I would have bought one.But listening to many who did over the years has lead me to conclude most who did where left feeling somewhat betrayed by Harley.

If the MOCO didn't extend the production of the "anniversary" bikes they may be worth about $2 more than the average bike, but being that I had a CVO anniversary and the resale value was far from where anyone thought it would be , I can't agree with them being worth more. Comes time to resell a anniversary or even a CVO bike, you're in for a surprise. The only ones that can get a few more $$$ out of them are the dealers.

LOL, my dad & uncle have always been into classic cars, 'problem is', my uncle won't get rid of many of them, so he started a little car museum in WV (free to the public) just to share the history with anyone who wants to stop by. He bought an '03 RK and displays it in the museum. Of course to insure the building & the contents, he has to have an appraisal for the contents. The 'story' I got, without getting too nosy, :s was that the bike had appreciated about 10 grand just because it has never been ridden. The thing starts right up, (kept on a tender), and he runs it occasionally, but he won't push/ride it around the building.

I do get to sit on it when I'm in, & I can fire it up if I want, but I can't take her for a spin. I can't wait to see how that works out down the rode for the value of the bike. :s

I really like the looks of your bike RichardS. I was thinking about adding lights to the front wheel like your. I have the chrome rotor cover too. Was it difficult to do? Was it expensive?
I was also thinking about the LED lights around the engine. I saw an Ultra in the wee hours of the morning while I was sitting at a stoplight, and he had these Blue lights around the engine. To see that bike in the early morning quiet just sitting there glowing and rumbling was an image that I won't soon forget!
Do you know of anyone who has any engine lights? The serviceman at the HD dealership told me that they were having some problems with them. ?

Back