free website stats program Customer service? | Harley Davidson Forums

Customer service?

alto

If I owned Cardo Scala Rider, and a customer wrote to say that he just received his brand new Q2 multiset, opened the box, installed the helmet parts while the two units were charging, only to find that one of the units is dead/faulty and would not take a charge or operate in any manner, I would have written back or called to say that another unit was 'on it's way'.
I wouldn't have waited two days before sending an email with a RMA #, have the guy spend his time and money sending the unit in to be 'evaluated'...then, not respond to the guy in any way. So far, I have a few hundred dollars worth of nothing...Just sayin'. It's not the way I'd handle a customer of my product.

I'd be on the phone constantly with them. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I'msure that you're not the first to find this out with any company. I would contact the owner of the company and let him/her/it know that you are not happy with their policy.

I'm in business for myself. I understand that things happen. Although I was disappointed ( I bought these as a birthday present for a family member..we were excited to open/install etc) that something was wrong, it is the idea that I had to return the unit to PA. to be 'evaluated'.. I had already evaluated it..It didn't work. My disappointment is that, after writing to 'sales, Tech, AND faxing everything to the Head Office, only sales got back to me with that RMA#..
I would have sent a new unit out that same day...with instructions to return the dead unit. I would have , gladly, given them my credit card # to 'hold' in case I was a slug and didn't return the dead unit. Maybe they'll do right by me in the end but it was the beginning of it all that I don't understand or condone.

Unfortunately, the first experience with a company is a lasting one, hopefully they do right by you and replace it in a short amount of time. I would still follow up with a letter/contact to the owner of the company and let him know your dissatisfaction with their policy. Often the top dog doesn't know what happens in shipping.:s

If I owned Cardo Scala Rider, and a customer wrote to say that he just received his brand new Q2 multiset, opened the box, installed the helmet parts while the two units were charging, only to find that one of the units is dead/faulty and would not take a charge or operate in any manner, ... ... .....

Oh yikes, I better get mine out of the box and make sure they work. Been sitting in the other room for a month.

I bought one a couple years ago. Tried it out. It "funtions" but poorly in my opinion. To hear music you have to crank it wide open and then you can barely hear it, then when the VOX kicks in it blows your ear drums out. Not sure what's up with that. I gave mine away as a door prize at a fund raiser... If I were to keep it, I would have modified it to ear buds insdead of those flat things that stick to the inside of the helmet.

Now the wife and I just ride and listen to tunes. She can get my attention for unplanned stops. And when we get where we are going, or when we take breaks, we have stuff to talk about. "Did you see that?" that kind of thing... I also find that she was less attentive to what I was doing (obstacles and whatnot) when she was able to visit with me on the road. We don't miss the intercom thing at all, but I can see that it would be cool on long trips. IF it worked as advertised!

I have a set also, the thing that bugs me is VOX comes in when I reach 70mph and keeps going in and out. I spoke to a rep at Sturgis and he said to put tape over the mike, what's up with that? Will keep mine until they quit working and replace.

Back