free website stats program Custom Dynamics LED Upgrade - 09 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Dynamics LED Upgrade - 09 FLHX

Iceman24

Took advantage of CD's 4th of July sale to buy myself an early Birthday present. Got their LED signal upgrade kit installed on my 09 FLHX which, for $190-shipped, included front signals (1157), rear signals (1156), smoke lenses & signal controller/relay. It took about "two beers" and that was stretching it...even looked over the instructions to make sure everything was connected correctly. Overall, very easy upgrade and nice safety enhancement to the scoot.

1. Lots of wires for all these additional lights:
LED-Wires1.jpg
2. Time to tidy the wires and even strapped signal ctrl to driver pad mount:
LED-Wires0.jpg
3. All done & everything works (yeah):
LED-FLHX.jpg

Thks Bodeen and, the great part is, they're much brighter than stock signals so my philosophy is you can't have enough illumination for safety sake. I already have driving lights, otherwise I would've bought the "ringz" for front signals b/c they act like a driving light. Overall - pretty pleased and can't wait for a test run tomorrow.

Another kudos to this great forum as well b/c I "tested" the LED signals before hooking-up the signal stabilizer to ensure they worked & bike registered code(s) from the power draw. Just had to check & clear codes which are in the diagnostic section.

Back