free website stats program Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Current and previous bikes? Which one is your favorite.

The 08 Road Glide has been a bast to ride. It could possible be the top of the list, so far. I always look forward to the new ones that come out.

The first one still holds a special place for me. It was a 1964 Bonanza minibike. Good old Grandma bought it for me at the Western Auto store in town.

First bike I ever owned was a Honda CB-100. Come to think of it the first three bikes I owned were Hondas. I had an Elsinore 125 and a CB-450 after the 100. Then came a 75 Moto Guzzi Police Special. Original displacement on that bike was (IIRC) 750 cc. It was rebuilt as a 1000 cc by switching out the jugs and pistons. I put more miles on that bike than any before or since. I sold it with more than 100k miles on the odo and it still ran like a champ. Other than normal maintainence items the only repairs I had to do were replace a ignition coil and a clutch cable. I went from totally reliable to the extreme opposite when I bought a Ural. That Russian rip-off of a BMW spent more time being worked on than ridden. I didn't know you could mess up as simple a design as a BMW airhead but the Russians did it. Next was a Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Great fun to ride. Then a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic. Great bike. My second biggest disappointment was a Kawasaki Vulcan. Darned thing just felt top heavy and I never was comfortable on it. It was traded in on a Electra Glide. Turned out that I really didn't need all the stuff the EG came with and so I traded it in on a Victory Kingpin. That bike was mechanically very good but I never liked the way it looked. Now I ride a 09 Road King and my wife and I agree that we wish we had bought it several bikes ago. It's perfect for our needs.

John

My First Bike was a 05 Yamaha Roadstar 1700, kept it a Year then Traded for a 08 EGC. I picked up a 01 Sporty 1200 which I still have and am putting it up for sale. I had the 08 EGC 6 Months and traded it for the 09 RG after bringing it back to the dealer twice for Cruise Control problems. I recently picked up a 99 Dyna Lowrider with 1060 Miles on it which will replace the Sporty as the second Bike. As far as a Favorite I would say the RG, that is My Cadillac on 2 Wheels, Not Bad for Riding only 2 Years!

its funny its not the bike i remember so much its the great times i had on it man i was 18/883 sporty out with my friends ridin at 3am,ridin 4 or 5 different chics in one sunday afternoon.i had allot of good times on that sportster with i could find it and buy it back just so i could sitt on it close my eyes and be 18 again for a few min.lol but my wideglide holds a soft spot in my heart also because its the only bike i've ever owned that I HAVE DONE ALL THE WRECHING ON (so far)lol so lol i like my WG best i guess......(but i think of that sporty everyday)

Hands down my current bike, a 2006 Heritage Softail Classic, is my favorite. I started off with a 1970 Honda ST175. I've also owned a 650 Honda and a 750 Honda.

Started out on a 1970 450 Ducati then a 1974 CB450 Honda then a 1976 750 honda SS the A 2003 1300 Honda VTX I still have the VTX and My 2009 Street Glide it is the one I like best. :D

Pops

'72 Honda CB100, '75 Suzuki GT550, '05 Suzuki C50, '07 HD FXDWG... The WideGlide is the bike of my dreams and the ultimate riding machine as far as I'm concerned. The 6 speed shifts like butter, and the ride is as smooth as glass. You'll notice there was a long stretch between bikes. That was a long wait while raising the boys. They're both graduated college and have their own families now, so I can resume to play!

I have owned a lot of bikes over the years and am just back on the road after a 10 year dry spell. My 1984 Honda Nighthawk S was a great all around bike, smooth, quick, and comfortable. My Yamaha Venture was a great touring bike that handled great and was very fast for a big bike. Those two stick out to me as being on my favorites list, but I always wanted a Sportster, my current ride is definitely my favorite. It's not as quick as the Nighthawk or as cozy as the Venture, but it has more character than both of them put together and is a ball to ride.

Back