free website stats program Cruise control | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise control

Took it to my local dealer today and after 2 hours the tech was was stumped. All tests showed everything was work properly so he called Harley and talked with their tech.

Only thing they could think of is the gear that turns the cable in the module was stripped or had some missing teeth and wouldn't pull the cable.

Harley wants 408.00 dollars for a new one and a hour to install, told them no thanks and I founds a used one on ebay for 150.00. It's a 20 minute plug and play install so I'll pay myself to do it.:s

Removed the old cruise control module, a little bit bigger job then I thought but still under an hour which was quoted by Harley. Going back together will go much faster now that I know what to do.

The plastic gear and cable looked good and moved freely so WE will see when I receive the new one, got my fingers crossed.

Good luck Jeff. Keep us posted this is a great mystery read.

Good luck Jeff. Keep us posted this is a great mystery read.

Mystery indeed Don, the tech couldn't figure it out. All tests showed there was no reason it shouldn't engage.

I'll have the new module in hand in a couple days so God willing I'll be back in the saddle soon.

Replaced the module today and the cruise works like a champ. Even tho all the test showed nothing wrong in the end the module was junk.:D

Good, glad to hear that Jeff :s

So I take it the RPM went up a little then back down when you went thru the cruise initialization this time?

Good, glad to hear that Jeff :s

So I take it the RPM went up a little then back down when you went thru the cruise initialization this time?

Yes I did, all tests checked out and the RPM's rose a bit and then dropped like it should. Took it for a test ride and cruise set with no problem along with the resume.

Thanks again.:s

Yes I did, all tests checked out and the RPM's rose a bit and then dropped like it should. Took it for a test ride and cruise set with no problem along with the resume.

Thanks again.:s

Interesting thanks for sharing, glad all is well.
WAP.gif

Back