free website stats program Cruise Control Funky | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control Funky

propflux01

Was riding today and cruise was working fine. Stopped for gas, back on road, then nothing. Switch light illuminates, but light on dash would not come on until I repeatedly hit "set". then it would eventually take, but immediately just lose speed, then kick off. Got home, searched the forum but couldn't find anything related to my issue. So for process of elimination, I tried to reset cable using the instructions in my Harley Service Manual. When I tried it, (resume and hold, switch on, ignition on, start bike, etc) it would do nothing, no flashing green light, no nothing. The only time it ever did the three light blink was when I was messing with it while riding, rocking switch back and forth trying to see if my set/resume switch was bad. I tried the code pulling thing, but nothing happens. Checked brake switch relay, and switches, they are working properly, brake light works as advertised on both pedals. Disconnected roll off switch, no effect. However, one time while trying to do the tests, when I turned on the ignition, the green "C" came on continuously, but when I reset my on/off switch it went out and has stayed out since. I checked fuses, and connection at the module, seems OK. My thinking was maybe the switch went bad or something? if so, can it be replaced separately or? Anyone have any other suggestions as to where to look? Thanx in advance..Tim

BTW, 2002 Ultra

Was riding today and cruise was working fine. Stopped for gas, back on road, then nothing. Switch light illuminates, but light on dash would not come on until I repeatedly hit "set". then it would eventually take, but immediately just lose speed, then kick off. Got home, searched the forum but couldn't find anything related to my issue. So for process of elimination, I tried to reset cable using the instructions in my Harley Service Manual. When I tried it, (resume and hold, switch on, ignition on, start bike, etc) it would do nothing, no flashing green light, no nothing. The only time it ever did the three light blink was when I was messing with it while riding, rocking switch back and forth trying to see if my set/resume switch was bad. I tried the code pulling thing, but nothing happens. Checked brake switch relay, and switches, they are working properly, brake light works as advertised on both pedals. Disconnected roll off switch, no effect. However, one time while trying to do the tests, when I turned on the ignition, the green "C" came on continuously, but when I reset my on/off switch it went out and has stayed out since. I checked fuses, and connection at the module, seems OK. My thinking was maybe the switch went bad or something? if so, can it be replaced separately or? Anyone have any other suggestions as to where to look? Thanx in advance..Tim

BTW, 2002 Ultra

Cruise Control Initialization (pre 08) - Harley Davidson Community

As stated above, I tried that already. Did not function.
WAP.gif

I got a '99 classic with H-D dealer installed cruise, wasnt working when I got the bike, did the test procedure, found the switch bad, replaced and still nothing.

Wires where actually shorting and blowing the fuse, anyway,I dont have the dash for diagnostics and would love to get some input also.

Maybe our problems might be related. Who knows ?

Really anybody.?

Got it working now it seems. It initialized. Seems the switch was not working all the time. Will ride it tomorrow and test on the road.

Back