free website stats program Craftsman Professional Bike Lift | Harley Davidson Forums

Craftsman Professional Bike Lift

Scrounger

I was at Sears and picked up the yellow Craftsman professional bike lift. Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack
It looks really well made and is pretty lightweight too. Only 40 pounds. I was looking at the Bulldog lifts since I've seen them at shows and they are sweet.

I'm not too thrilled with the Craftsman since it wont lift my Ultra Limited evenly no matter where I put the lift. It is always tail low for some reason.

Is anyone else using the Sears Craftsman Professional and can you lift your bike evenly. If the Harbor Freight lifts can work, what am I doing wrong.

I was at Sears and picked up the yellow Craftsman professional bike lift. Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack
It looks really well made and is pretty lightweight too. Only 40 pounds. I was looking at the Bulldog lifts since I've seen them at shows and they are sweet.

I'm not too thrilled with the Craftsman since it wont lift my Ultra Limited evenly no matter where I put the lift. It is always tail low for some reason.

Is anyone else using the Sears Craftsman Professional and can you lift your bike evenly. If the Harbor Freight lifts can work, what am I doing wrong.

Too much stuff in the bags or Tour-Pak? Tour-Pak relocation kit installed?

I find that I have to put the rear lift pad in the cross-member channel. Front does come off the ground first, even so.

TQ

I have it, but for my Dyna, which is obviously much smaller and it lifts evenly. In general, placement is most critical and then strap it down. I find you will still get some play front and back and with the Electra glide I am sure there is a lot more weight towards the back. Smitty may have some tips for you though as he uses the yellow craftsman for his Road Glide.

Too much stuff in the bags or Tour-Pak? Tour-Pak relocation kit installed?

I find that I have to put the rear lift pad in the cross-member channel. Front does come off the ground first, even so.

TQ

Using the same lift on the Ultra Limited, it fits under just fine... I have noticed that I have to step on the lift pad with the handle twisted some times to get it to drop all the way down, it doesn't fully lower without some weight on it - but I almost always have the bags unloaded when I put it up on the lift.

Have had "troubles" getting the lift centered just right (on the fatboy, anywhere close to the center spot and it lifts pretty evenly - on the ultra I have to lift, drop, move several times to get it right... did get both wheels off the ground at the same time - once...)

sounds to me like you have a bad lift. I have the exact jack and it will lower no problem all the way with no weight on it. Take it back.
I use this on my '07 Road King and find that if I put the rear jack rail in the cross frame channel, the bike lifts rear high first. Good for working on the rear tire and such. If I move the rear jeack rail to just in front of the channel, the bike lifts pretty evenly, but the front does come up first.
One thing I did notice is that the jack "twists" a bit when the bike is on it, depending on the loading. I think it was the forward (bike wise) outside wheel of the jack that was maybe a 1/16" off the ground. That didn't make me happy, but I only use the jack for maintainence and an ocassional super detailing, and only as high as needed to do what needs to be done.

I think I need to just move the lift further back to the cross brace. That was hard to do with the center stand installed so I removed it.

I noticed no straps Smitty. What's up with that :)

I have both the Sears Craftsman jack (yellow) and a Pitbull. I don't use the Craftsman jack for anything other than raising/lowering a rear wheel for removal in conjunction with the Pitbull now. The craftsman is just too unstable for my liking with a $25k motorcycle.

Just my $.02.

Back