free website stats program Couple of Questions on TFI Install on 2010 FLHTC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Couple of Questions on TFI Install on 2010 FLHTC

Appreciate all the info. I had the ECM flashed on my 08 FXDF with SE air and slip-ons and was happy with the results, but didn't like given the MOCO $150 for somethin I couln't see. For now I'm gonna go with SE Air and stock exhaust on the 2010 FLHTC and use the TFI. I kinda like the sound of the stock pipes for the Touring Bike (using the radio) and they dont seem to be that restrictive. Anybody else just done air?

There have been Several members do exactly what you are doing and are pleased with the result.... I don't think the BIG bikes are as choked Back on the exhaust as Thought...(IMO)

The air will add and the Quietness needed for your radio will be there and With the TFI it will run Great..

There are exhaust you can put on the bike as Others Say, that are quiet and just loud enough and still not inner-fear with the tunes..

I use full size (both,,, open not restricted on left) V&H slip-ons and have not have changed my header pipes at all..

No full duels as they = less low end torque Works and Sounds great.

signed....BUBBIE

I ran with just the A/C for a couple of months. Sound was a lot better than stock pipes of the past, but I didn't like the heat from the CAT. Went to a V&H Power Duels with Monster Ovals. No heat issues, and not overly loud to interfer with the stereo.

I went with the Vance and Hines Fuel Pak and the SE air cleaner but left the pipes stock on my /09 Ultra. I was going to change to SE Touring performance slip ons but there wasn't going to be an appreciable change from the stock pipes in terms of performance. V&H even shows the same programming numbers for the fuel pak using stock pipes or SE slip ons. I'm very pleased with the results...the performance is there and I like the sound...seems a bit more of a rumble but not loud which is what I wanted.

Had my exhaust removed & ceramic coated so I took glider's advice & got the O2 port plugs from NAPA (believe they are 18mm) and sealet them up for a cleaner look. Also, my TFI wired in like others indicate (O2 plug capped & O2 lead plugged into TFI) - no codes whatsoever...runs like a dream. Good choice & good luck w/install.

Back