free website stats program Coughing thru the carborator | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Coughing thru the carborator

Has anyone ever thought to check to see if you have the right starter map downloaded into the T Max? It will self adjust but if the starter map downloaded is too far off, it will have trouble adjusting to the proper mixture and that's why you may be getting the popping.

I had it at a Thunder Max dealer and they checked it out and said that it was supposed to do that according to different temperatures. Mine does it all the time and I don't like it. It never did that until I had the T Max put in it. I did modify the baffles, but I told the T Max rep.

I had it at a Thunder Max dealer and they checked it out and said that it was supposed to do that according to different temperatures. Mine does it all the time and I don't like it. It never did that until I had the T Max put in it. I did modify the baffles, but I told the T Max rep.

So the T-Max dealer / mechanic said it is NORMAL for a scoot to backfire/cough thru the throttle body???? tell your dealer I have a bridge I want to sell him!!!

Tell them you want a refund. The T Max has a great 3 year warranty on the unit. If you aren't happy with the unit they have to accommodate you.

You DO have the auto tune unit with yours, don't you?

Back