free website stats program cost and performance on my Fatboy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

cost and performance on my Fatboy

:p

OK, I pick it up this afternoon. It took longer because... "they were short a piston" I asked before they began if they had all necessary parts on hand and was assured they did. GRRR!
Then they were missing a bracket on the exhaust system, which wasn't noticed until the box was opened, double GRRR!
Only one change was made to the original plan, the mechanic recommended I go with a 204 cam to get best torque in low to mid range; it is a little lower and stays open just a little longer; he said the bike was lightweight and the 255 would be more of a topend performance thing. After reading 204 vs 255 here on the "community" I called him back and agreed to go with the 204.

Tomorrow I will let you know what it feels like! :D

cossak.
I would think about the slip on SE mufflers. May be you should consider other options. I got ones for my Softail and I didn´t like the sound at all. So I changed them for the slip on Rush with 2" baffles. She Sounds great

Heh heh heh, I am smiling :D

OK final setup also included a manual compression release which wasn't mentioned by the shop when we agreed to the work but I had already read about it here. Seemed about 50/50 as to weather it was needed. So not really a big deal, he charged 85 bucks and it is simple to use, easy to reach with left hand when sitting.

I rolled out the dealer and put on a quick 87 miles mostly in third gear rilling up to 65-75 and back down to 35. Went home changed out oil and filter and will put on another 500-600 miles before taking it back for dyno. Exhaust sounds great definatly feel the torque in midrange. Now it feels and handles like a motorcycle should. WHOOOOOPPP!!!

Only one last question! Heading home I tried 4th gear and rolled 3/4 throttle and was up to 95 in a few heartbeats, sooooo? What are the other 2 gears for?

Better gas milage?? Ha ha ha ha

As the old mechanic once ask, "boy how many dollars worth of fast do you want to go?"

Well I paid $3460 and while it was more than I like, I looooove the result, so that must be my limit.:newsmile093:

Last edited by a moderator:
what they have 2 more gears LOL:D
nice to see im not the only nutter but come on 95 in 4th try it in 3rd :bigsmiley11:

LOL, I am sure it will reach 95 in third, I had plenty of torque and throttle left when I touched 75. Wait till after the dyno, then I will test it's boundries.

Bikes are like women, treat them badly too soon and they will dump you.

Back