free website stats program corvette air shocks on touring bikes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

corvette air shocks on touring bikes

Re: corvett air shocks on touring bikes

You don't cut anything on the bike. You can modify or replace the bushings in the lower shock mount. Without having the shock non modified (mine were already done with the stock bushings) I can not tell you exactly what needs to be done, but I think you cut the sleeve so the shock fits closer to the mount on the bike. The air is ride height, I have not noticed much difference when I have it aired up, but I am sure it may affect it some what. I have not noticed any ill effects, are there better systems out there? Yes I am sure there is. But as far as better than stock, I believe they are better. But my Ultra had maybe 75K miles so who knows who good the shocks were to begin with. For the money, ability to raise & lower the bike at will and the ride, it's worth doing. As for adding a compressor, you don't have to. You can go to any station and put air into them. You can get by cheap by getting the shocks only, I ran the shocks like that til I got the compressor mounted. The compressor weighs in at 3#. You can go on a diet & loose that.

Toby

So the shock is modified to mount to the bike? A photo would help.

Please explain "the lower mounts have to be cut"; I am not cutting anything, nor will I be adding a compressor as I am constantly looking for ways to remove weight from the bike.

However, I am interested in how the shocks perform. Do you use the air to adjust preload or ride height? Can you adjust compression rebound dampening?

Was hoping to read more about how these Shocks perform once they are on the Bike????

With the stock shocks on my Ultra, I was hitting bumps on the way to work and it sounded like it was falling apart. With the Gabriels those same bumps felt mild. I have not noticed any ill effects on cornering & the ride is better than stock, I think the ride is great. What else as to performance would you like? If there is a particular question on them I will be more than happy to try to explain or find out.

Toby

Sound interesting! Like dolt said... "A photo would help." I would like to see that! :bigsmiley12:

Back