free website stats program Cops Pulls Gun on Motorcyclist | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cops Pulls Gun on Motorcyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in the video he shows that he was going 120MPH+?

He also had a marked patrol car behind him as well. Looks like the cop may have pulled the gun because the guy started to back up, maybe they assumed the guy was going to make a run.

A lot of unanswered questions here.

With the road ragers out there, wouldn't you back up or look for a way out when someone exits a car with a gun? He saw the gun wasn't being raised and stopped. Yes, it would've been better if the cop ID'd himself as a cop then yelled stop the bike.
The dumb thing the rider did was post it on You Tube with the only the cops audio. Shoulda just kept that for court if he needed it.

Tried to see at what point he passes the off duty/UC cop. Was it while he wheelied past the bus or passed just before taking the exit?

We can judge from the computers all we want, we weren't there and are only getting one side.

If a car cut me off, a guy in street clothes jumps out with a gun, the first thing I would have done is hammer the throttle and get as much distance between me and that gun as possible. I don't care how wreckless the biker was, the leo was way out of line, he should have jumped out of the car with his badge out in one hand and the other hand on his HOLSTERED gun. The biker doesn't know if this is some wacko trying to take the law into his own hands or someone trying to hijack his bike. Another thing that bothers me is how most leo's stick together and try and justify the wrong actions of this moron cop. I'm sure the review board (probably made up of cops) said he acted appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back