free website stats program Conflicting stories from Dealers | Harley Davidson Forums

Conflicting stories from Dealers

lightning

My 09 Street Glide has Vance and Hines oval slip-ons. I’ll soon be installing a SE Air Filter. I have no intentions of making any further engine modifications.
One dealership tells me I should install their Tuner be it SERT or Super Tuner, whatever. Another says all I need is the SE down load unless I intend to make further changes which made since thus far. However when confronted with this disparity, the first shop manager tells me the Download is no longer an option because it’s now intended for only an air filter upgrade and not a combination with exhaust less restrictive than SE slip-ons. This apparently was forced on the MOCO by EPA restrictions pertaining to exhaust modifications.
The old download 06 and prior were discontinued and replaced with the present download (air filter only). They told me using the current download would result in a leaner condition possibly more so than what I have now using the slip-ons and stock air filter. One tells me they’re trying to save me unnecessary dyno time and expensive tuners while the other says the other guys haven’t been up dated.
I really haven’t figured out yet what I’m going to do.
I’m not very convinced about the Fuel Pack and so it seemingly comes down to Power Commander or Super Tuner or what?????
When it comes right down to it, it really stinks what we have to pay out to get our bikes to run decent.

Back