free website stats program Computing NADA Value? | Harley Davidson Forums

Computing NADA Value?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Messing around like I always do to kill time on the computer so I thought I'd get an update on the value of my 2008 FLHX. I see NADA values thrown around on here a lot so I went to their site.

After you select the Make and Year (2008 HD), and Model and Trim (FLHX), you come to a screen titled "Select Options and Equipment." Should I be checking the boxes for engine guards, fairing, and saddlebags? These items are standard on the FLHX and not considered options but will I get an accurate value if I don't check them? Anyone work at a dealership or bank that can give me a definitive answer?

Thanks.

If it comes as standard equipment like the crash bars and fairings on ultras on the baggers, you don't check that as optional equipment.

If it comes as standard equipment like the crash bars and fairings on ultras on the baggers, you don't check that as optional equipment.

That's kind of what I thought, thanks. I've been to other sites (for autos) that were smart enough to not even provide the boxes to check if the item was standard equipment. That's why I was confused.

i think the nada values are just a hokey guideline.

dealer says my 08 ultra is only worth 15,600? they are out of their minds.

i put it on ebay and craigslist for 19,500 and had over 50 hits.

(wasnt sellin, was looking to trade up to the 103 and got mad when they told me the trade value, i'm keep my 08)

i think the nada values are just a hokey guideline.

Hokey or not the banks and dealers have to have some type of mutual figure to work from when determining trade ins and loans.

dealer says my 08 ultra is only worth 15,600? they are out of their minds.

NADA says your bike with cruise should be 17460 to 20260. They were low balling you. Did you make a counter or just walk away disgusted? Remember, it's a negotiation!

i put it on ebay and craigslist for 19,500 and had over 50 hits.

Hits are just people looking and satisfying their curiosity. How many bids did you get on ebay? Why didn't it sell? What was your reserve?

(wasnt sellin, was looking to trade up to the 103 and got mad when they told me the trade value, i'm keep my 08)

I've often thought about moving up to a 2009 but, like you, I'm happy with my 2008 and wouldn't get what it's worth to me in a trade so I'm keeping it.

Don't confuse retail prices with the wholesale prices the dealers pay on a trade in. They usually low ball you on wholesale at that .

Don't confuse retail prices with the wholesale prices the dealers pay on a trade in. They usually low ball you on wholesale at that .

I always figure the NADA retail is approximately what they're going to try and turn around and sell my bike for after I trade it in so I try to negotiate my way as close as possible to it, ie minimize the dealer's profit off of my bike. Same as wrangling the price DOWN on a new bike. Dealer is always going to make something but your goal should be to minimize that amount.

The dealers like to try to make 2-3K on any bike they move similar to the markup on the new bikes.

I always thought that the Kelly Blue Book was closer to "right price" instead of NADA. ?

Back