free website stats program Compression test | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Compression test

Thanks for the info dolt. I will pull another compression test this evening when I get home from work. I put the battery tender on it last night so the new battery should be fully charged when I go out to the shop.
Thanks again.

You can disnonnect the small wire from the starter and use a jump wire for battery power from the main power wire on the starter this way you won't have spark or added fuel to the cylinder.

You can disnonnect the small wire from the starter and use a jump wire for battery power from the main power wire on the starter this way you won't have spark or added fuel to the cylinder.

Plugs are out and grounded so no spark. If fuel is a concern, pull the fuse to the circuit that powers the fuel pump but I would not be concerned about fuel during a compression test.;)

Plugs are out and grounded so no spark. If fuel is a concern, pull the fuse to the circuit that powers the fuel pump but I would not be concerned about fuel during a compression test.;)

I agree. I had the plugs out and the plug wires in them. Plugs grounded. I don't really worry about the fuel. I always leave the plugs out for a while after the test anyway so most fuel evaporates.

Back