free website stats program Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association... | Harley Davidson Forums

Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association...

brderj

Any members of the CVMA here? I just recently sent in my application with all required paperwork. They have two "chapters" here and one in HI where I am moving to in July. Anyway....just wondering what you members, or non members, think of them and what they do. I'm all about helping and these guys/gals seem to be good at what they do. Thanks!

Jay

Any members of the CVMA here? I just recently sent in my application with all required paperwork. They have two "chapters" here and one in HI where I am moving to in July. Anyway....just wondering what you members, or non members, think of them and what they do. I'm all about helping and these guys/gals seem to be good at what they do. Thanks!
Jay
If it is like all other "clubs", whether it be military or not, you have to prospect for at least around a year. I've been approached by a couple military vets clubs and asked if I would be interested.
This was all in Florida. I looked them up and read their literature and all required a prospect period.
If I don't fit into a group, fine, I'll move on. But, I will not be a prospect. Not gonna play step n' fetchit for someone. For a military group, I DID MY PROSPECT TIME IN THE MILITARY. I'm too old to put up with that crap from my supposedly brothers in arms.
I may be misinterpreting things, but if it says prospect, not for me.

Hey docsledge!! I absolutely agree. My 6 trips to that (Edit) hole is my prospect time and I would NEVER prospect for anyone. I don't have the time. The CVMA has no prospect period. You have to prove combat service to join, or prove military service to join. Nothing like a motorcycle club, just a riding club that helps vets.

Thank you for your service docsledge!

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey docsledge!! I absolutely agree. My 6 trips to that hell hole is my prospect time and I would NEVER prospect for anyone. I don't have the time. The CVMA has no prospect period. You have to prove combat service to join, or prove military service to join. Nothing like a motorcycle club, just a riding club that helps vets.
Thank you for your service docsledge!
You did SIX tours to the sandbox.
Brother, I am glad you are well.
The CVMA wasn't one that contacted me.
I guess my little experience with some others just fried my grits and I lit off.
Apologies are rendered. I took a shower and have calmed down.
I recently turned down another offer from a group that does civic things. Went to a meeting after being invited while out eating. They have you on call for 6 months and failure to respond counts against you. I thought WHAT. Then you have to do a board interview. You and the executive board. Get past that, then a general vote of the whole bunch. But, they don't have prospects. I saw the couple guys who had tendered the invite and politely said no thanks. Got my ride and went home.
Some will say if is for good works, then maybe it is worth it. Nope, not for me. I'm too old and in too much pain for that.
So, I ride a lot alone. Except Peg is always on the rear.

What you going to be doing in Hawaii? Pimping for Richard on his next trip? Make sure he tips good.
I've heard it said that Hawaii is expensive.
And take care.

Yep, six trips in 10 years. That, I think, is enough for a few life times. I get out of the military in July of this year, that will be 11 years total service. My reasons, to many to list here, time for me to head off in a different direction. Why Hawaii? My beautiful future wife lives there. We get married in July and move to Hawaii to do whatever it is a civilian does. :D

I don't blame you my brother....I wont be treated like I didnt do my job. I would rather grab my scoot, just like you did, and respectfully ride off into my own world. After all, thats why we ride. The patriot guard riders do a whole lot more than anyone I know of for vets, and they don't even care if you drive your truck or not. Those guys are all top notch. IMHO.

The patriot guard riders do a whole lot more than anyone I know of for vets, and they don't even care if you drive your truck or not. Those guys are all top notch. IMHO.
Yes they are.
I think the frequency of deployments is what is driving a lot of people out of the service. Yet, I know some who want to deploy. Their jobs are not required or are limited in the combat area.

I actually did join a group recently. The WWR. So far, nothing in my area to ride for. And I look at surrounding states as well.

You stay safe, get married and go lay on the beach. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Best to the bride to be.

Ever cross paths, the first beer is on me.
Maybe the second.

Back